Chapter 50

Sasuke stared at Naruto as she negotiated with Izumi.

It's currently February 1st.
It's been two months since Sasuke first proposed and Izumi has been on them about the wedding ever since.
She had originally said she'd take care of everything but when Naruto had caught wind of the ridiculous red and blue decorations Izumi was planning to put up. Naruto immediately shut it down, along with the guest list. Izumi had planned to invite everyone from all five kingdoms but Naruto knew how well having the last remaining three vessels in a room together would end.

So instead Naruto and Sasuke took it over with Izumi relentlessly nit-picking at everything they chose.

"It should be blue! Your a Wind native and the Winds future queen, Naruto! We have to bring that side of you into this wedding!" Izumi cried.
"No. No native colors Izumi." Naruto ran a hand through her higher-back length hair. "Sasuke and I have chosen black and white. If you have a problem deal with it on your own time."
"You two are royals!" She insisted.
"And when we marry, for that day we will be normal newly weds. Now shut up before I kick you out."
Izumi pouted and looked at her son who was wide awake on her lap. "They don't like me Shinjiro. They hate me."
Shinjiro only gnawed on his fist and smiled at his mother. Naruto sighed and looked at Sasuke who had stayed silent for better measures.
"Your wearing a dress."
"I'm not wearing a dress."
"But I don't want to wear the dress."
Izumi cut in once again. "Your wearing a beautiful white dress Naruto. It's traditional and if your not going to use your native colors than you have to do this tradition."
Sasuke nodded in agreement and Naruto rolled her eyes.
"I'm not wearing a dress."
"It's a special occasion." Sasuke wrapped his arms from behind Narutos waist. "You have no problem wearing dresses on special occasions."
"Yes but I usually have dresses that can hide weapons. For all I know this wedding dress doesn't."
"Well it isn't a day for fighting. Plus when we marry, you won't be the general.. or a knight anymore."
"Don't even remind me."
"I don't understand why you care so much Naruto. When I married Itachi and became the queen, I had no problem adjusting from maid to royalty."
"Well that's you." Naruto hissed.
"Wear a dress." Naruto looked at Sasuke and went to snarl at him. "For me." He quickly cut her off.
"Why would I do it for you?"
"Because it's the only time I'll see you in a beautiful dress which I can rip off you."
"Sasuke!" Izumi scolded.
He continued. "And wear when you'll be the center of attention."
"You think saying I'll be the center of attention like it's a good thing." Naruto complained. "Do you know how many people will make fun of me in a dress?"
"If they respect you, they won't say a word."
"They'll laugh and I'll be able to hear it."
Sasuke sighed. "Please. I really want to see you in a gorgeous dress with you hair up and you looking magnificent."
Izumi was surprised by how hard Sasuke was trying to persuade Naruto.

"... fine."
"Yes!" Sasuke kissed Narutos cheek and sat in her chair. He pulled her onto his lap a moment later.
She rolled her eyes. "For the alter it can be just a regular—"
"No!" Izumi quickly cut off.
Naruto almost growled for being interrupted. She hated being interrupted.
"Itachi and I already have an idea for the alter, you aren't taking that away from us."
"From you."
"From us." She emphasized.
Naruto rolled her eyes. "Whatever." She looked back at her fiancé. "Do you have your wedding ring?"
"Yes... do you?"
"No."
"Uzumaki Naruto not being prepared. I'm shocked."
Naruto elbowed Sasuke in the abdomen. He groaned.
"The weddings in a month. I have time dumbass."
"Don't call your to-be husband dumb." Sasuke sighed.
She looked at the papers annoyed and lifted the one in her hand up. "Why do we need flowers?"
"Decoration."
"Isn't everything we have enough?"
"For the reception." Izumi clarified.
"So annoying. How do people find this fun?"
"Because they aren't you."
Naruto glared at Izumi. She shrugged.
"I could've done it but you interjected."
"And thank kami I did."
Izumi pouted.

Naruto lifted a portrait of lily's up to Sasuke.

"Those look fine."
Naruto put it with the other pile and handed it to Izumi. "There. Now go wild."
Izumi smiled and took the thick folder. Naruto crossed a leg over the other and leaned back on Sasukes chest when she left. She blew air up to move her bangs from her eyes.
"I'm never getting married again."
"Me neither."

Sasuke smirked and kissed underneath Narutos ear.

"I'm perfect having you as my wife."
Naruto glanced at her engagement ring and stood. "I've gotten go get that ring."
Sasuke sighed. "But we were having a moment."
"And many to come."
Sasuke grabbed Narutos hand before she could leave and kissed the corner of her mouth.
"The snows made the ground muddy. Be careful."
"Always."
Sasuke smiled as Naruto left the room, and leaned back into the chair. He sighed and opened his eyes again.

The door opened only a few moments later and in walked Shisui.

"You look exhausted."
"I've been dealing with the preparations and Izumi hasn't made it easier."
"Oh? I thought Naruto would make it harder."
Sasuke chuckled as Shisui sat where Izumi had been currently.
"No. Actually she wanted to cut most of the unnecessary things like the flowers and blah blah."
"You two are made for each other."
Sasuke hummed. "Izumi took over everything after Naruto picked everything out."
"You didn't get any say?"
"Neither agreed with most of the things I chose."
Shisui laughed. "Sounds about right." He finished his chuckles with a smile. "Nervous?"
"Not as nervous as proposing. At least now I know Naruto will say yes."
"Mm. Or she's trying to embarrass you."
Sasuke shook his head. "She wouldn't have fought so hard about most of the things she was forced to choose from if it was just to embarrass me."
Shisui nodded and rubbed the end of his chin. "Has she said yes to wearing a dress?"
Sasuke nodded enthusiastically. "That's the only thing I really cared about for the wedding."