Chapter 41

Naruto looked at the small gravestone with the words "Anastasia Staxs, a loving friend to many". The "many" part wasn't correct but no one even tells the truth on a gravestone.

"General... l-let's get inside b-before o-our asses f-freeze." Naoki stuttered as he shivered from the freezing wind blowing around them.
Closing her eyes, Naruto took a moment more, and stood. She nodded. "Best to get in before you all catch a cold."
Shisui wrapped an arm around Narutos shoulder for comfort as they walked back into the palace. Everyone stomped their feet and ran to the fire in the cafeteria.
Shisui and Naruto stayed behind as she tapped her feet on the floor.

"Are you alright?"
"I'm fine."
Shisui grabbed Narutos shoulders when she tried to walk away from the conversation. She looked up at him, that glint in her eye back.
"It's alright if you feel like you need to grieve."
"I did."
He frowned. "It takes more than thirty minutes Naruto."
She clenched her fists. "It wasn't thirty minutes." She snarled. "It was barely past midnight when Shinjiro was born which means I stayed in that room with him and her for seven hours. We buried her and Shinjiro is a healthy child. There's nothing more to grieve."
"Her memory."
"I barely knew her Shisui!" Naruto smacked his hands from her shoulders. "The only memory I have is born and living." She hissed. "Now if you'd leave the matter alone and tell Itachi to do the same I'd be grateful."

Shisui ran a hand through his hair as Naruto stalked off. He didn't know where she was going, but she had a feeling it had something to do with Sasuke.

'Whenever one is found so is the other' He smiled at the thought and headed for the cafeteria where the other knights were gathered.

Mito jumped and wrapped her arms around Sasukes neck. A smirk grew on her lips when her mother came from the library.
Kushina smiled and gave a quick wink before walking off. Sasuke had managed to rip Mito off of him by than.

"Why the hell were you looking for me?"
"I can't look for my soon to be husband."
Sasuke wanted to scrunch his face in disgust and smacked Mitos crawling fingers off of his chest. He stopped her hand when she reached the ring.
"I still have you or Sakura to pick. You shouldn't be too confident in yourself."
"She's not a princess Sasuke-kun. You shouldn't marry someone who isn't of the same status as you."
The urge to yell at her was strong, but he stopped himself, and looked up when he felt the familiar energy that waved through the palace earlier.

Naruto was walking toward them. She looked... better and more calm.

"How was the funeral?" He asked, generally curious.
Naruto nodded. "Short small. The snow picked up, we'll be having a full snow storm by nightfall."
Sasuke nodded and noted the winter gear.
"Your wardrobe was switched out yesterday. If your cold change, if you get sick I'm kicking your ass."
He couldn't help the smile that grew on his lips at Narutos statement. The funeral must've helped a lot.
"I think I'll do that." He stepped away from Mito but she quickly stepped forward.
"Princess your fathers calling for you."
Mito looked at Naruto. "And how do you know knight?" She snarled.
Naruto pointed to her ear.
Mito rolled her eyes and gave Sasuke a peck on the cheek before walking away.

Naruto watched as Sasuke rubbed the lipstick off on his shirts sleeve.

"So Sakura?" She guessed.
Sasuke hummed, almost missing Narutos complete question.
"If it's not Mito it's Sakura. Or you could pick one of the other women who came before your.. situation."
Sasuke shook his head and walked to his chambers with Naruto. "No. I don't think I'll propose to either."
Naruto sighed. "Your twenty Sasuke. Most royals are married by the time their fifteen. You'll have to find someone to marry if it's not one of those girls."
"I already have someone in mind." He said truthfully. "It's not one of those girls though."
"And how do you know this other woman will say yes."
"I don't." Sasuke stuffed his hands into his pockets to stop from nervously fidgeting. Narutos right, what if the girl he's thinking of proposing to doesn't say "yes". He sighed, he'll have to marry Mito is she declines. "I guess that's the beauty of it eh?"
Naruto hummed and opened the door with her spare key. Opening the door, Sasuke walked into the warm room.