Chapter 32

November 3rd,
   It had taken Naruto and me three days with the crazy rain storms to make it to the Fire Kingdom (Konohagakure). Naruto says it's another five hours until we arrive to the palace.
   I'm extremely nervous. Just... I don't know how long ago, my brother had been sentenced to death here for kidnapping the youngest prince, Uchiha Sasuke.
   Truly it hurts, deep in my heart, to know that my brother had done such a thing. And only for money when he had a good job that paid decently. At least enough for our essentials.
   But now I'm here in Konohagakure with their talented knight. And Naruto says I'm due to meet the King and Queen. I can't even start to explain how nervous I am.
  All I have on are some sandals, a dress and my hair is still in a sloppy ponytail. I just hope the king and queen don't take for outward impressions too seriously.

End of Diary Entry

Naruto pulled back the tarp as Anastasia pulled the blanket back on top of her.

"How you holding up?"
"Good. I can't wait to get out of this trolly though." She smiled to hide her tiredness.
Naruto hummed. "We'll be coming up to town Ameratasu."
Anastasia beamed. "I heard they have amazing shops around there."
"They also have a lot of pubs."
She tilted her head, confused as to why Naruto would mutter that with such distaste. Naruto held her hand out and Anastasia gladly took it. She lifted the girl up and carried her to the saddled horse where she hoisted her up.
"You can look around as we pass through. The rain storms put me a day behind and I'm certain the king and queen will be frantic."
Anastasia smiled as Naruto mounted the horse and took her chest plate off. She kept the cloak on just for precaution. Ameratasu had many people not to be trusted, not wearing armor and being a knight was not a smart idea when passing through.

Anastasia leaned against Narutos body and slid to lay under her breasts. Naruto grabbed her waist, but let go when she knew Anastasia wouldn't fall.
Finishing that, Naruto snapped the lead and pressured her heels into the horses side.
Anastasia watched amazed as even people in Amaterasu took the time to stop and gawk at their knightly hoods general. She touched her baby bum and looked up at Naruto.
Her expressionless look was as hard to read as ever and her eyes were straight forward. Naruto had her head raised and nose tilted. Anastasia could only think of this as a way to show her power, or maybe intimidate the civilians.

Soon Anastasia could hear people calling Naruto "general". These people wore gleaming armor and some were in pairs of two. They always bowed when she came around.

"Hey girl where'd you get the mule?"
Anastasia looked at the front of the horse to see a man with dirtied clothes and worn boots with a hat and straw between his lips. He was holding the lead of a horse of his own that seemed to be carrying assortments of things.
This man was completely disregarding her but his eyes were trained on Naruto.
"From where you got your clothes. I'm assuming that's why they're so ragged."
The man grunted and slapped the behind of the horse as Naruto passed. Anastasia squealed when the horse leapt from its two front feet but Naruto calmly grabbed her and wrapped the lead tightly within her grasp. The horse settled down a few moments later.
"Not bad." The man grunted.
Naruto ignored him and snapped the lead for the horse to keep trotting. Anastasia frowned as she watched the man.
"That wasn't nice."
"That's very common here. The people in Amaterasu like to degrade any new commoners. They say they can sense an outsider but that's complete bullshit when you really look into it. Amaterasu civilians are one of the many reasons my knights know how to fight so expertly."
"Yeah but your the general—"
"Not everyone cares for titles Anastasia. This town is filled with those people."
She sighed and grabbed a piece of Narutos cloak.
"And here I thought the Fire was the most peaceful kingdom in the five nations."
"We are. Compared to Suna or Iwa, our troubles are saints."
"But don't you house that person... um... orochimaru?"
"I'm well acquainted with Orochimaru, yes. But he rules land in all five nations and the little towns in between. He's only stayed in the Fire because of its material benefits."
"... is he a nice person? Orochimaru?"
Naruto hummed as if she was thinking. "He's good to me but than again he raised me for a year. So... not really but he's well-mannered."
"Will he.. um.. be at the palace?"
Anastasia could feel her nerves rising. She had been nervous already having to meet the king and queen. But now knowing she might have to meet the underworld Lord. She may as well go home right now.
"I'm uncertain of that myself. I know Kabuto will be there seeing he's the princes doctor but Orochimaru doesn't usually go to the palace unless it's urgent or I'm there to keep him amused."
Anastasia smiled. "You are easy to have around."
'Not that type of amused Anastasia' Naruto sighed. Some people were just raised too far from what this world actually is... or she was just raised in the darkness of it.