Chapter 15

It hadn't taken Sai long to find Naruto. But she seemed as disinterested in two rookies fooling around as training them.

"And what am I supposed to do? Give them a whooping and send them back to work?"
"His highness, Uchiha Sasuke, only told me to get you."
Naruto sighed, "Who are the boys?"
"I have not memorized all of the new recruits names Sir Uzumaki."
"What did they look like?"
"Young. They had terrible acne.. so around thirteen-years-old."
"And who's watching after them?"
"High highness, Uchiha Sasuke."
Naruto sighed again and handed the papers over to Kiba. "Leave those on Queen Izumis desk. They are floral pre-orders and other expenses for upcoming events."
Kiba nodded and left after saluting Sai.

"Sir Uzumaki."
"Yes. I'll take care of the manner, lead the way."

Sai nodded and turned on his heel to begin up the stairs once more.
They soon got to the back gardens where the new recruits were practically pissing themselves with Sasuke standing there.

Naruto muttered in annoyance, "So he thinks now he's mature."

Sai stopped on the stone path as Naruto continued to the three teenagers. She pulled out a scroll and brush.

"Names?"
The three boys finally noticed the commander while Naruto was already waiting for their names.
Her eyes snapped up to them. "Do I need to repeat myself?"

"Commander we didn't mean it!"
"We didn't think it would be a big deal!"
"Please don't terminate us!"
"We'll clean your shoes!"
"Wash your clothes!"
"Polish your swo-"

"Names. I do not care what you did give me your names before your blood polishes my swords blade."
The two gulped and averted Sasukes darting eyes.
"N-nonomi I-Izumi."
"S-sato F-Fuji."

"Have you gotten talked to by any other knight?"
The two quickly shook their heads and Naruto put her brush away and rolled the scroll up again.
"Armor." She held an arm out and the two became panicked again.
"We're getting terminated?!"
"But it's only been a week!"
"My father will dis-"
"Your soaking wet with armor on. It'll rust if you don't get it properly dried. Keep yapping and I'll actually care why your in trouble."

The two gulped and quickly stripped before piling the armor on Narutos arm. They were amazed Naruto could easily carry the fifty pound armor (each) and just on her one arm.

Naruto went to walk back into the palace but a hand grabbed her shoulder.

"That's it? They take the opportunity to goof around and you just write their names down and are making sure their armor won't rust? Are you serious? Your the fucking general!"
The two recruits waited for Naruto to reply to their highness with a bow and apologize before giving them an actual punishment. But all that met Sasukes lecture was a light head turn and sinister red-eyes that put Sasukes blaring one's to hellish shame.

"Hands off mutt." Naruto snapped back. Sasuke instinctively took his hand back and clenched his jaw, "You are nothing but a dog. Don't tell me what the hell I'm supposed to do when you were just sulking about screwing anyone last night." Naruto dumped the armor into Sais arms. "Also..." she looked back at Sasuke with such disgust even the recruits wanted to fall to their knees and beg for forgiveness. "Don't tell me what I'm supposed to do or not. And especially what my job is, I know mine. Best be time you learn yours. You have one more week to choose a bride before King Itachi and I choose one for you. Don't forget that fuck ass."

Naruto went to walk away but she turned with a sharp heel spin.

"What the hell are you two doing?! Just because someone scares the piss out of you, doesn't mean you watch the show! Move your ass before I kick it out the gates!"
"R-right! So-sorry commander!"

The two raced passed Naruto.

"You have lectures after lunch. Lunch begins after your lessons with Tanaka. Your day starts at six thirty a.m. Leave your curtains open because I will not be your alarm and none of my knights will be either. Get to bed at nine-thirty at the latest... you have lots of free time to choose a bride between the four women."

Sasuke watched as Naruto walked back into the palace after that and sighed. Sasuke looked down and picked up one of the roses.
The petals were practically crushed under his foot when he had stomped over to the new recruits. Sadly the rose was yellow which only reminded him of Narutos hair... and how she was crying over her hair.

"Fuck me."

~~**~~

"Sir Uzumaki."

Naruto came up from under the water. She moved her hair out of her face to have a clear view of who was at the door.

"What is it Sai?"
Sai averted his eyes, though Naruto couldn't care. It wasn't like Sai did either seeing he's an unemotional, artist bastard.
"The Yamanakas Sir."
"Yes, the Yamanakas."
"I forbid you allowing his highness to choose Yamanaka Ino."

Being caught off guard, Naruto only looked at Sai.

"Your a sergeant Sai, you can't forbid me from doing-"
"Well I am. Yamanaka Ino is not an individual his highness is allowed to marry."
Naruto rested an arm on the tub and turned her attention fully toward Sai who was back to looking at her.
"Is it possible our emotionless No surname Sai has finally found someone he fancies."
"She is no princess."
"But a lady of court."
"And I am a knight. She will wed me and not that-"
"Bad mouthing the royal families now?"
"This is no joke Sir Uzumaki."
"How do you plan to make her wed you-"
"I have asked and she has accepted... on the contrary if she does not marry his highness."

Naruto looked astonished at Sai and waved her hand in the air.

"I'll talk to King Itachi. You have my word he'll keep her name from his mouth."
"Thank you." Sai bowed and left, leaving Naruto distraught and groaning in agony.
"I took a bath to relieve stress not gain more."

"General!"
"What?!"
"We can't find his highness! The new recruits are lost too!"
"... what is today?"
Kiba stopped panicking from the other side. "Uh... like the fifth of November."
"No." Naruto sighed, "First the morning, than the recruits, than Sai and now... this."

"I'll find them get back to your posts."
"Wait! Are you sure?! That's like ten people in a large tow-"
"Ten people is easier to find than one."
"Ah... if you say so."