Chapter 24

When I was younger a slap would've made me cry. It would've made me wish I was a different, better person.
But than it became a cut, seeing actual blood. That made me cry and wish I was different.
Than it was broken bones... and burn marks.

Yet now it's somehow different.
Bones, burns, blood and bruises have nothing against me.
Of course that doesn't mean I don't feel pain. Everyone thinks I'm some untouchable being. But I'm a human, with the Uzumaki curse lying within my blood. But.. yes I feel pain.
I feel when a whip cracks against my skin or a blade digs into my body. Though I can't feel that way. I can't show it...
Why.

Why. Is truly the question.
Why must I feel this way?
Why must I not show my feelings?
Why can't I be like every other human?
Why must I tuck away the tears that come with the unbearable pain?

Of course I know half the answers.
Of course I know why I must feel this way.

But it doesn't stop what I feel...
Of course I brought this fucking situation onto myself. Do I regret it?

No.

But maybe it should.

"Argh."
"Shh."

I felt Bens finger on my lips, his hand palming the back of my thigh where the bandage ends.
I watched as his thumb pad moved against my lower lip, and dared to look into his chocolate-brown eyes.
He looked... sorry. Apologetic, even.
Those weren't the eyes of a killer, but of a simple worker from the Wind.

Of course that doesn't mean he didn't help abduct Sasuke. That's unforgivable.

His eyes searched from left to right before leaning into me. His lips brushing against the thumb still on my lower lip.

"Do you know how to speak?"
I didn't respond. He frowned.
Ben looked around again and scoot closer, his knee pressing against my thigh and hand still holding the bandage in place.
"I'm going to try and get you out of here okay?" His voice quivered, "I-I don't want anything to happen to you." Bens eyes trailed my cleavage and his fingers slowly followed.
From my jaw, down to my neck, and against my shoulder to the bones against my cleavage.
"You're to pretty."

My fingers flicked. The instinct to grab my sword and slice it through his sternum was all too strong.

My eyes flickered over to Sasuke, who laid in a disheveled ball.
I can't see much of him, just the blood trickling from the cut of my sword and bruises on the side of his face I can see. His eye looked swollen shut with, most likely, a few broken ribs.

Ben must've noticed because he glanced back at Sasuke.

"Do you know who that is?"
Of course I know who that is you fucking prick, I've raised him for eight— nine years tomorrow.
I didn't respond.
Ben sighed and secured the bandage on the back of my thigh where my new branding-burn laid. Though it will heal and turn into a simple outline of darker skin.

He stood from his crouching and looked back down at me.

"Sería genial si pudieras hablar... por supuesto que entiendo que Orochimaru fuera tan basura que no te enseñaría a hablar." *It would be great if you could talk... of course I understand if Orochimaru was such a crap he wouldn't teach you to talk.*
I rolled my eyes, "It doesn't take someone teaching you to learn to talk."

Bens head whipped and he fell to his knees. His face leaned oh so very close to mine where I could smell the leftover alcohol in his breath.

"So you can talk."
"And so you can speak the Winds native language."
Ben frowned at that. He tucked his knees to his chest and stared at me like a specimen. "Why haven't you tried to escape? I thought every captive tried to escape."
"Like your little prince over there?"
Ben nodded, taking a glance at Sasuke after me. "Terribly and failed but yes."
And that's why he should've taken my lessons series. Fucking no-good-prince.
"Wha-what's your name?" He stuttered. A hit of flush spread on his cheeks after asking; too bad Sasuke was fucked up or he'd love to see this.

"Where's one and two?" I avoided the question.
Ben was born in the Wind. He'd run to the king and queen if I gave my name up.
Ben shrugged, "Probably trying to get some food... we're low on money since Earl had a huge spree for drinking and brothels."
I glanced down at my leg. "Why are you here with them?"
Ben frowned. "Why do you want to know? Are you some knight or something?" I didn't laugh at his weak attempt of a joke.
Ben cleared his throat after a moment, "My family is in poverty... the-they said they'd help.. ya know, help me collect some money." He frowned, "My sisters pregnant.. a-and we don't have enough money for a doctor. I just want her and my niece or nephew to be safe ya know."

Fuck...

"...I'll help you."
His head snapped to me. Than a look of disbelief laced his features.
"It's not a joke."
"Did I say it was?"
Ben nipped his lower lip and looked back at Sasuke. Than he looked back at me. "I don't want to hurt him. I just want my family safe.. I-I don't want the royals after my head."
"Your from the wind yes?"
"Si."
"Bien. Conozco a alguien que podrá ayudar. Ahora mismo necesito que te vayas y no vuelvas." *Good. I know someone who'll be able to help. Right now I need you to leave, and don't come back.*

He stormed to his feet obviously not liking what I had to say.

"No soy chica tonta." *I'm not stupid girl.*
I rolled my eyes. Of course this imbecile is the only one with doubts.
"Eres estúpido si crees que no te mataré si no te vas antes de que se ponga el sol." *You are stupid if you think I won't kill you if you don't leave before sun down.*
"Eres un esclavo indefenso." *Your a defenseless slave.*
"¿Un esclavo indefenso sabe hablar? ¿Hmm? ¿O no gritar cuando se presiona una marca de cobre en su pierna?" *Does a defenseless slave know how to talk? Hm? Or not scream when a copper branding is being pressed into their leg?*
I rolled my eyes when he didn't respond.
"Estoy tratando de ayudar a un compañero nativo de Wind. Ahora sigue mi consejo o muere con el resto de tu pequeño grupo." *I'm trying to help a fellow Wind native. Now take my advise or die with the rest of your little group.*

"Okay I get it... but what's your name? What person can I go to for help?"
I sighed exasperatedly. It was as if I was dealing with Itachi once more. "Will that help you believe me?"
"Y-yes."
"You're unsure."
"Just tell me!"
I looked up at the panting boy, clearly shaken from this experience. Because it was so traumatic.
"My names Uzumaki Naruto. Of course you'll know me better as Namikaze Naruto, your future queen."