Chapter 20

"What are you doing?"
Naruto looked from the mare she was saddling, to the stables door to see Kushina standing there in her night gown.
"I must take care of some important business." Naruto mounted the horse and looked at Kushina, "Sai will be Sasukes guard until further notice and Shisui will be in charge as the Chaplain. I should be back in a few days time."
"Where are you going?"
"To get medicine for Sasukes stomach bug. You best go back to bed Queen Kushina. We don't need another royal catching something."

Naruto dug her heels into the horses side and trotted past Kushina.

"Are you really not mad about what Sasuke did? He took away a shred of who you are?" She chased after Naruto.
The General sighed and looked back at Kushina, "A shred of my dignity is no matter compared to whom Sasuke is."
"Are you telling me you'd do anything for him? Ruin who you are and turn yourself into a disgrace."
Naruto stopped the mare at such a comment and looked at her mother with angered blue eyes. "If it means Sasukes safety Kushina, I would do anything. Let it be my hair or my virginity. Take my damned title as the future queen away if you must if it means Sasuke lives another day naive like a child. I have been his care taker for eight years and that time will not go to waste because of some incident with my hair. I'd kill anyone if Sasuke was put in harms way, I'd ruin my life if Sasuke was in harms way, and I'd sell my soul to the snake if it meant that fool gets to remain a naive child who makes no sense and runs away when he knows full well I am more than capable of finding him in a few hours time.
He is the prince of the kingdom I serve and the prince I have served since my early knighthood days. You may be my mother and I may be your future replacement, but for now I am Sasukes knight and I intend to make sure that man that I have spent years watching, will not be tarnished because of my negligence for some hair."

Kushina was left speechless as Naruto began toward the front gates once more. She had went as far as getting one of the new noble knights to get Kushina back inside the castle safely.

"Where you heading General?!"
Naruto looked up as the gate was raised. "To talk to a snake. Tell King Itachi I'll be back with that medicine for Prince Sasuke."
"Will do."

Naruto snapped the lead and the mare began to jog than run. The women and men still awake and on the dark streets, were amazed to see a knight actually riding a horse at such a pace. Usually they were seen on their feet and were very approachable if some needed help (for example: a tourist who's lost).

By midnight, Naruto was slowing the horse to a trot in the forest. Only a few snaps of branches and twigs were heard in the distance, no doubt animals that had been startled by Narutos sudden appearance.
The mansion she was all too familiar with, looked even scarier than when in the dawn sunlight.

She dismounted the mare and led the horse to a stable vacated from the other horses in the stables.
Naruto tied him to the wood pole and walked toward the staircase where the lights still glimmered. She walked up and pounded on the door, not bothering to use the metal knob.

The door opened and half of Kabutos face shined from the outdoor lights.

"It's midnight. Come back in the morning."
He tried to shut the door, but Narutos foot kept a sliver open. Of course, Kabuto was no push over like Leo who always let Naruto in no matter the time of day or night.
"Move your foot sinful woman!"

"Kabuto."
The man looked behind him at his husband who had long slid down the stairs.
"What is the matter? Is a dealer trying to get in?"
"No." Kabuto grimaced, wishing it was. "It's Naruto."
Orochimaru hummed and peered down at Narutos leather covered foot. He grabbed the door and pushed harder on it, but per usual, Naruto did not budge. He sighed afterwards and opened the door to be greeted by the unpleased General.

"General. What may we owe the pleasure?"
"I'm not here to bargain with you if that's what you think I'm here for dead in the night."
"No. Your never here for a bargain."
"Kabuto I will talk with Naruto in the living room if you'd like to head up to bed."
"No." He crossed his arms, "I heard Sasuke has caught the flu. Are you here for medicine because we are no pharmacy."
"I think your medicine would only make his condition worse, No Kabuto?"
"Oh how much I hate you."
"Hmph. Well I'm here to talk about your annual auction."
"His majesty doesn't think he can shut my program down does he?"
"No. Itachi has no clue I'm here but up late in the night looking for his younger brother." She stepped inside the house, taking orochimaru moving away, an invitation. "I'm here because I want to participate in the auction."
Orochimarus eyes glimmered in delight. He snapped his fingers and pointed to an ill looking women when she came in, "Tea. In the living room."
She bowed and walked off as Orochimaru led Naruto and Kabuto to the living room.
"Sit. This will be most interesting to hear what you have to sell off to enter in my auction."

Naruto sat on the wooden snake carved chair and pulled a leg over the other.

"I'm not selling Orochimaru. I plan to be sold."

Kabuto looked at Naruto shocked, his back stiffened and eyes wide. Orochimaru had a different reaction all together, his was what only could be called delight. His golden eyes glistening in pleasure and long tongue running over his pale lips.

"May I ask, who will be selling you?"