Chapter 13

"Damn it Naruto. You were supposed to be my wake up call —*yawn*— and now I'm late." Sasuke kept complaining tiredly as he got dressed and rushed to the dining hall.

"Itachis gonna kill me. Narutos gonna kill me. I'm gonna fucking die."
The few servants who heard Sasuke, either giggled or chuckled at his tune. Though they all knew it would probably come true.

When Sasuke opened the door to the dining hall. The first thing he noticed was only half of the families that had stayed, were still sitting and enjoying breakfast with light talk. Second thing he noticed was a newbie standing beside Shisui and talking to him as if they were long term acquaintances.

"Ah finally decided to wake up I see." Kushina joked.
Sasuke sighed as he sat down. "Yes sorry. I hadn't gotten to bed until late and the sun hadn't woken me up."
"You mean Naruto." Itachi grunted, "Naruto didn't wake you up."
Sasuke shot Itachi an annoyed look. "Where is Naruto? She's usually yelling by this time."

"I don't need to yell to get everyone's attention."
The group looked at the door as Naruto stepped in. Kushina instantly gasped, maybe a bit exasperated but the grip on her husbands arm was no exasperation. Minatos eyes were also wide in shock at Narutos shoulder-brushing lengthened hair.

Sasuke didn't get it.

"Got a hair cut?" He asked as if it were normal.
"Sasuke." Itachi warned.
"What? It's about time she did. Your hair was getting too long anyways."
"Sasuke this is hardly the time-"
"For what? I didn't do shit this time."

Izumi frowned, "Sasuke you wouldn't think this if you would've listened to those lessons given to you about Uzumaki culture all those years ago."
Sasuke looked back at Naruto, clearly disinterested. "About what? You all are over exaggerating."
Kushina slammed her fist on the table. This made everyone except Minato and Naruto jump. She was glaring intensely at Sasuke who, in all honestly, felt like pissing himself.

Kushinas hair seemed to be flying in the air and her look wasn't any kinder.

"For an Uzumaki to cut their hair is almost as crucial as an Uchiha cutting theirs. When an Uchiha loses in a fight, a war or whatever they have to cut their hair short. You've lost to Naruto ever since you met her that's why you have your hair short. For an Uzumaki to cut their hair they would have to commit the great sin of betraying their blood, losing to someone, or losing their virginity before marriage." She growled, "Unlike you Uchihas who have evolved from such a tradition, it is still imbedded in an Uzumakis blood to follow these rules that were burned along with other sacred scrolls. Watch your tongue before I cut it off."

Sasuke gulped and looked at Naruto who, for once, hadn't spoken this entire time.

"... did you lose your virginity?"

The Haruno family gasped as Naruto kicked Sasuke across the room. Her arms stayed behind her back as her foot landed back on the floor gracefully.

"Stop being foolish you incompetent fool. It is because of you and your drunken jealousy I had to cut my hair." Sasuke met Narutos narrowed blue eyes, "Do not degrade me of such accusations."
With that Naruto looked at Shisui, "Your needed at the front gate. That is the only reason I had come here."

Shisui nodded and walked out the door Naruto kept open. Shisuis elder brother, Obito quickly following.

"Hold on! You can't be pissed at me! Your the one-"

She cut him off, "I'm the one what?" Narutos sharp eyes narrowed at Sasuke once more, "Your the one who poured whiskey on top of my head." Naruto snarled out, catching everyone —especially Itachi— off guard. "If it wasn't for you and your jealousy just because I got a free drink at the pub you went to, I would still have something important to me. You may think it's just hair but that's only because you know nothing about me. You know nothing about my culture. My clan. About my past! You know nothing." Her voiced steadily got louder, "Do not say I should not be pissed. Do not say that you should be pissed because I DID NOT wake you the fuck up! Your nineteen for fucks sake! Children in the towns are more responsible, more respectful and more disciplined than you are! And why?! Because their not you! A fucking prince!
You wanna know something Sasuke! I really couldn't care! Take a crown, sit on a throne. It's all an image! For the love of kami, for my sanity I hope someone ridicules you, degrades you and fucks your world up. Because only than will you maybe care what I do! What your brother does! What the guards do! What the commoners do! What everyone in the fucking world does while you complain! All you have to do is get married, knock up the bitch and get it over with!!"

Naruto inhaled deeply as Sasuke was frozen in his spot on the floor, scared of what would come next.

"I have done everything to make your life the way mine wasn't. You have a choice to a bride because I fought with the other lands. You have free range of the towns because I threatened the knights and the people and everyone in the underworld. You have no responsibilities because I took them on along with Itachi. You have clothes because I take the measurements and I converse with the Hanako family. You have food because I stabled the arguments with other lands. You have a fucking sword because I begged a black smith who despises you.
I am younger than you, I am your guard, I am the person who looks after you as if I was fucking Mikoto! You should be much more grateful to me for what I do-" Izumi grabbed Itachis hand as Naruto wiped a stream of tears from her cheek. "but all you do is bitch and complain and go against me because you hate how your parents aren't here."
Naruto choked as the tears began to fall.
"And you can't even say sorry for taking away something I've clung onto. Something that connected me to my family when I can't even reach them. Something that proved what I accomplished from being beaten on the streets and tormented just because I was homeless as a child.
So for the love of kami and everything else, just... stop bitching."