Chapter 28

His hair was crusty and knotted as Naruto ran her hands through it. She looked down at him, gazing at his injuries and just waiting for the night to pass.

The scene around them was anything but decent at this point. Darren and Bens bodies had gone cold and pools of their thick red blood was around them like a tragic background.
Earls hands were still impaled together on the wooden pole. He was still painfully alive, but asleep due to his recent torture and the drugs Naruto had inserted into his bloodstream.

She sighed and stood. Naruto ventured to the second door next to the one filled with fire wood. She opened it with a tug to see three bags. Three bags filled with clothes, blankets and other belongings they couldn't part with.
She went through every one until she found a shirt that seemed big enough to easily slip over Sasukes stature. She took pants as well.

Walking over to the prince. Naruto laid the clothes on the floor and grabbed Sasukes arm tenderly. Turning him onto his back, he groaned at the pain of shifting from his position.
Naruto now had a better look over his body.

Sure enough there was one, long, nasty second degree burn running down Sasukes right side. The under part of his arm seemed to also be a victim of the kilns heat along with a part of Sasukes back. His left side was covered in bruises of purple and brown, depending on when they started to form. His leg was broken, left one, seems he had tried to run away for the tibia to fracture. Three ribs were broken, one bruised from punches and kicks and one was fractured.
Naruto clicked her tongue at the terribly infected cuts and burns.

The back of her fingers ran over Sasukes pale cheek as she wiped some old blood from his face.
His lip was busted and a black eye was in the middle of healing.
Seems he had put up a fight as well.
Naruto sighed and grabbed the nape of his neck. Using her sword, Naruto made a small but thin line on her hand. Blood surfaced at the new wound and she peeled Sasukes lips apart just a bit.

"You better wake the fuck up or Kabutos going to kill me."
With that said, Naruto squeezed four drops of her blood into his mouth. These were times where being the eldest daughter and an Uzumaki came in perfectly.

Having done that and watching the small wound heal in minutes. Naruto grabbed the shirt and pulled it over Sasukes head. She carefully put the arms in and ran the shirt down, making sure not to brush any sensitive and-or open wounds.
Resting his head back onto the floor softly, Naruto pulled the ripped trousers from Sasukes legs and replaced them with the more airy and unripped pants.

Standing back up, Naruto went over to the latch again, and pushed it open to see dawn just breaking. She sighed in relief and stepped out just a bit more to take in the fresh cold air that kissed her tan skin.
Going back into the crap hide out, Naruto ventured over to the bottles still on the floor. She picked them up and read the labels. Both were hard drugs from the underworld. Too much of either and you'd be dead in hours.
Realizing that, she tugged on Earls hair and made sure his breath still cast against her wrist. He's a survivor. Letting him go, Naruto walked over to Sasuke.
Now the difficult part. Carry him and risk damaging his ribs more. Or go and get help. Naruto rolled her eyes. Getting help would be practically suicide. No one would stay and help a girl who looks like she's been in slave trade for years and no one would surely help a prince unless it came with a prize. Plus they were trying to hide Sasukes kidnapping.

Clicking her tongue once more. Naruto opened the hatch and hopped out. She left the latch propped open, hoping to get rid of that dead man smell and this would make sure Sasuke wouldn't die from the building heat.
Back tracking her way to Orochimarus mansion, stealing a horse would be of no trouble at all. Or if she was still lucky, her horse was still around. Though she doubted that.