Chapter 18

At once when Shisui walked through the doors of Itachis office, he knew something was up.
Why?
Because it was rare to see Narutos eyes such a color and Itachi doing nothing to calm her down with four scared shitless noble knights probably pleading to be killed instead of under the twos gazes.

Ren, who had gotten Shisui, went back to the others as if they were protection.
Shisui walked up to the other two.

"Is something wrong?"
"Take their equipment and stripe. They've reached five marks."
Shisui looked somewhat surprised as the five fell to the floor in utter despair.
"What hap-"
"When you do that I'll fill you in on everything... along with all of the other knights."

Shisui slowly nodded and walked over to the others. He forced them to their feet and escorted them out, hoping to save a bit of their dignity.

Itachi sat down in his chair, leaned on his palm, no longer having a desk, and stared up at Naruto.

"What will we do? Those.. worthless boys didn't give any true information."
Naruto rubbed her temple and turned to Itachi. "That's not exactly true Itachi. Three men had taken Sasuke, but if I'm correct there are plenty more people involved seeing this is a royal of the Fire."
"So an enemy."
"No. These are inexperienced buffoons who have just come to the underworld. This is the biggest real crime they've made.. and seeing they knew how to lure Sasuke, they had been stalking him for some time."
Itachi rubbed his temples, "So we're looking for small time criminals. In Amaterasu, theft is a very common thing Naruto."
"There were only three men Itachi. I bet you those men are the pets of the real fuckers behind this."

Itachi sighed and pinched his nose through his thumbs.

"What will we do? Orochimaru doesn't associate with small timers and I'm sure he won't help us like every other time we've asked for his assistance."
Naruto rested a hand on her swords handle. "It doesn't matter if Orochimaru wants to help or not. Right now that is not my first priority."
Itachi looked at Naruto confused, "And what is?"
"Assembling all of the damn knights."

With that Naruto left, not giving Itachi any room to ask why in kamis great name that was more important than his brother.

~~**~~

If you asked where all of the knights had ran off to. The only logical answer would be in their assembly hall, or in other words, their cafeteria.

Naruto stood at the front with every knight in the kingdom sitting down. Confused but not daring to whisper about the situation in front of the General.

"Who was in town patrol last night in Amaterasu?"
This only confused everyone even more.

A few knights raised their hands.

"Where were you when on patrol?"
"I was in the alleyways near Saimingan."
"Patrolling the streets near the palace."
"With Daisuke."
"With Hori."
"In the alleyways near the popular pubs."

"Naoki?"

He gulped, "Sleeping."

A few of the knights chuckled at his embarrassed flushed cheeks. Naruto only looked at him annoyed.

"Why is that important General? Even if Naoki had fallen asleep, that shouldn't be such a huge deal. Amaterasu is only busy in the days anyway."
Naruto didn't answer Fuji, a new recruits', question.

"All new recruits, you are free to leave. This is none of your business."

That only confused everyone.
Soon the recruits slowly stood and walked out, mumbling about what it could possibly be that they can't know.

"As for the recruits question, Sato Fuji, asked. This is important because the prince has been abducted."
Chaos erupted through the assembly hall, panic spreading throughout every knight as they yelled and questioned each other about it.

"QUIET!!"

The room fell silent as they looked at their general who looked calmer than she should've. She was in charge of making sure nothing happened to the prince but here he is, not here but kidnapped by someone or multiple someone's.

"As you all know this couldn't be the worst timing for such a thing. We have a time limit of one week to find Sasuke before the escorts leave. For those having been in an abduction case before, you know this is no small task. But right now smaller numbers are better.
I along with three others will be going after Sasukes kidnappers. The rest of you will be in charge of masking this situation and making sure no one notices.
Sai."
"Yes Sir Uzumaki."
"You will tell his majesty to tell the escorts and their families along with servants and other outland knights, that Sasuke has come down with a terrible stomach bug. It'll gain us a few days before anyone smart enough begins to question. I'll lock his chamber doors to add more truth to this accusation."
"Of course."
"Shisui your with me along with Kiba and Choji."

"Wait." Hot headed, Isamu interrupted, "Isn't it more numbers equals better success? We should all be trying to find his highness no matter how many casualties."
"If the escorts weren't hear I'd have more than four people on Sasukes kidnapping case, your right Isamu. But right now we need to think about every aspect.
If all knights and guards suddenly disappeared it would only raise suspicion and enemy lands would take their chances to attack when we are weakened.
It's not just about getting Sasuke back safe but also making sure the peace in the Fire stays steady. If the men holding Sasuke hostage get any wind of us finding out our mischievous Prince has been kidnapped, they'll kill Sasuke or send warning if we do anything they'll kill or sell him.
That's why the new recruits are not here, they would only gossip and ruin the secrecy of our position."
Isamu grumbled profanities but sat his ass back down.

"Now. I need to warn you all of one more thing."
She scanned the men in front of her.
"The Suna. Their king is among them, he'll be the first to suspect something is wrong along with the Wind king and queen. Make sure to keep those two royal families anywhere but the mention of Sasuke and his sickness. Stay very vague with them, even if you need to be rude, I'll defend you if they get too hot headed."

There was a chorus of "rights" and "understood".