Chapter 6

The next afternoon, the doors to the throne room opened by a pair of knights of the outside. Shisui went to bow, but the young woman raced passed him.

"Naruto!" Mirai squealed as she jumped.
The General caught her easily, spinning the fifteen-year-old in a circle before placing her down. Mirai giggled, unlooping her arms from Narutos neck.
"It's been so long! I've missed you!"
Naruto smiled, planting a chaste kiss on top of Mirai's interlocked knuckles.
"Much to long Mirai. How are you?"
"Fantastic!" She beamed, "When papa got your letter I was ecstatic to have an excuse to come and see you. Tell me, how's Hinata? I hadn't seen her while coming here."
"Hinata is good- hasn't changed all that much."
"Good, I love her."
Naruto smiled, "I'm glad you accepted our invitation. There is much to catch up on."
"Much doesn't even begin! Did you hear about my engagement? Look! He got me a ring."
Naruto observed the rock on her left finger, before smiling in approval. "It suits you well."
"Right!" Mirai jumped, swinging both hers and Narutos arms.

"It's nice to see your doing well Naruto." Kunerai smiled. Naruto nodded, "As you, Kunerai."
The woman hugged Naruto, feeding into the tough leather that coated her body. "I must ask you something."
Naruto raised a brow. Kunerai pulled forward Konohamaru, her nephew. "Is he still not to your liking?"
"Auntie!" Konohamaru groaned at Kunerais question. Naruto shook her head, "Still too young."
"Boo. He's grown a lot since we last met."
"I can see."

Konohamaru sighed at Narutos comment. The woman chuckled, clapping his shoulder for support.

"It's nice to see you too Asuma."
"Oh so I'm not invisible?"
"Very much the opposite."
Asuma tucked Naruto below his arm, squeezing at her shoulders. "Find a husband yet?"
"Still single."
"Your talents are going to waste."
"As you say every time."
"I only want the best for you."
"Uh-huh- or what's best for your nephew."
Asuma only shook his head.

Shisui looked to Itachi for assistance, but his majesty merely shrugged and smiled.

"It's nice to see you too, your majesties. I have heard great things from Shikamaru." Kunerai addressed the royals.
Itachi nodded in agreement. "It's a pleasure to have you as well, Duchess Kunerai. Though I'm afraid to hear what Shikamaru has been saying."
She laughed. "Nothing bad, nothing bad."
Itachi smiled.

Mirai turned back to Naruto. "Can we go see Hinata?"
"I'd love to, but I do have work."
Mirai pouted. Naruto smiled.
"But if my hearing serves right she is in the garden if Konohamaru does not mind going with you."
Mirai looked back at her cousin. Konohamaru sighed.
"Lets go."
"Yay!"

Mirai ran out of the throne room, Konohamaru quick on her tail. When the doors shut, Kunerai sighed.

"Never have children Naruto. They are a handful."
Naruto chuckled, "You say that as I tickle anyone's fancy."
"I'm sure you do."
Naruto raised a brow, but said nothing. Only flashed another smile.

"Would you like an escort to your chambers?"
"If you could." Asuma placed a hand on the lower part of Kunerais back.
"Of course. Isamu would you?"
Isamu nodded, stepping forward to lead the married couple to their chambers.

When the doors closed, Sasuke hummed.
"Is it me or is that woman fat?"
"Sasuke!" Itachi and Izumi scowled. Naruto effectively smacked him.
"Ow, damnit!" Sasuke placed a hand on his head. The throb pulsing headily through the back of his skull.
"She's pregnant, dumbass." Naruto reprimanded.
"How was I supposed to know?"
Naruto lifted her hand, and Sasuke ducked before she could attempt to hit him again. The general nearly scowled.
"By observing." "You say that as if I were supposed to know with a look." "It's not hard to know by a look!"
Sasuke winced at Narutos shout. Itachi merely shook his head. Izumi rolled her eyes at the youngest highnesses behavior.