Chapter 44

Sasuke stared at the large crack in the dining hall. He examined it and ran his fingers over the crack.

"Sasuke-kun what are you doing~?"
Mito wraps her arms around Sasukes shoulders, standing on her tippy toes just to reach his shoulders. He tried to shrug her arms off but she seemed to be there to stay.
He sighed and focused back on the crack. "Examining the damage."
Mito rolled her eyes and wrapped her hands around Sasukes chest. "That stupid knight of yours doesn't know when to bow her head. If she was really my sister, I'd be ashamed."
"Why? If this was from my sister, I'd take full advantage and brag about her... of course she's not my sister but my knight."
"Exactly~. And when we get married she'll be both of our knight. Don't worry boo I'll make sure she knows her place after our honeymoon."
Sasuke shook Mitos sliding foot from his calf. "Is there something you needed Mito?"
She huffed. "I was just wondering if you had time to get ahead of the schedule." Her finger trailed down the buttons on Sasukes coat.
Sasuke pried his eyes from the dagger still deep in the crack and moved Mitos hand. "I'm not that type of person Mito."
"You were before that stupid accident."
Sasuke gave her a serious gaze. "That stupid accident had me in critical condition. If Naruto—"
"Ugh. What's with all of you people?! Naruto this and Naruto that and have you seen where Naruto is? It's pathetic how all of you relay on a stupid knight who can't even follow her orders correctly."
Sasuke grabbed the collar of Mitos kimono and pushed her against the cracked wall. "Don't talk about her like that. You may be a princess but unlike you, people actually respect her."
"Right and are you going to say they respect you too?"
Sasuke let Mito go. "I'm not half of what people expect from me."
"All people expect from you is to get married and fuck your wife." Mito pointed to herself. "You promised my mother you'd propose to me on the Winter Festival and everyone knows it. So how about you stop being a child and treat me how you should."
Sasuke looked at her disinterested. "Alright. Get the fuck out of my way before I shove you to the ground."
Mito looked at him shocked. "That's not how your supposed to treat me."
"It's how everyone treats every princess."

Sasuke moved Mito out of the way and tried to get his hand in the crack of the wall, but his hand was far too big.

"Use these."
The two looked to see Itachi holding the tong to a fire place. Sasuke grabbed it and began to try and get Narutos dagger from deep inside the wall that way.
Itachi leaned on the wall.
"So, who are you proposing to?"
Sasuke glanced at his brother.
"He's proposing to me." Mito pointed at herself snarkily.
Itachi looked at Mito from his position on the stone wall. "Your mothers looking for you." He waved a hand. "Better go while I talk to my brother alone."
Mito glared at him and looked at Sasuke expectantly but he was too focused on the dagger in the wall. She scoffed and rolled her eyes.
"Some brother-in-law you'll be."
"You have to earn my kindness." He simply replied as Mito stormed out of the dining hall.

Itachi turned back to Sasuke. "Izumi let it slip your not proposing to Mito or Sakura. Care to tell me which woman in this palace you plan to kneel in front of."
Sasuke sighed in irritation. "I told her to keep that to herself."
"Izumis a terrible secret keeper. Honestly why you talked about it in front of her only raises my curiosity. The girl must be important."
"She is."
"Who is it?"
Sasuke glanced at his brother again. "You'll snitch just like your wife."
"No. I've held Narutos secret as Minatos and Kushinas child haven't I?"
"You've known?!"
Itachi looked at his brother in amusement when Sasuke finally looked at him, the tong still in his hand. He chuckled.
"Of course I knew. I had met Naruto before she came to the Fire. I was the first to figure out who she was."
"Than why not tell me?" Sasuke grumbled.
"You talked about everything. Plus I had found her when she was nine. You were brutally blunt when you were nine, even now your brutally blunt and with your attitude before, I knew you wouldn't keep the secret."
"I wouldn't have treated Naruto so badly if I knew."
"That's also a reason. We had to hide her and the best way to blend in is to be talked to as if she was truly a noble knight. Of course with her quickly growing title change until she reached general, it had gotten some eyes."
Sasuke huffed and went back to trying to get Narutos dagger.
"So who's the lucky maid?"
"She isn't a maid."
"Maids daughter?"
"No."
"Knights child?"
Sasuke shook his head.
Itachi hummed, putting a great deal of thought into this.

When it finally clicked, Itachi smacked Sasukes head.

"Ow!"
Sasuke rubbed his head for a few seconds before looking at his brother.
"What the hell was that for?"
"You plan to propose to.." Itachi trailed off.
Narutos hearing was a terrible curse at times like these.
Sasuke raised an eyebrow but nodded.
"Your a stupid boy."
"You proposed to Izumi."
"She wasn't a..." He trailed off again and grumbled.
Only if there wasn't a crap ton of snow outside. He'd take Sasuke keep into the woods and talk about this with him.
"She's a... ya know, she isn't a.. yeah."
"She is that and yes she is also that but she will be the other thing one day."
"I thought you people were all for that "don't give a crap about titles and go with what you feel" crap."
"Her parents will kill you."
"I could care less about her parents."
"You promised you'd marry Mito."
"I promised I would marry a daughter, not Mito specifically."
"... oh you sneaky prick."
Sasuke smirked. "I've got it all under control. Plus if worse comes to worse, I really will have to marry Mito."
"I can't even remember you being nice to her. When the fuck did you fall in love and decide to fucking marry her?"
"When I was laying in that damned infirmary bed for weeks and had nothing but the other problems in my life to think about."
"You were unconscious for half that time."
"Narutos blood does miracles."
"She told you."
"Yeah."
"Doesn't mean you decide to marry!.." Itachi seethed. Naruto was his fragile little girl. Having Sasuke into her was not something he was fond of.
"Why are you so against it? I'm not going to force her to say yes."
"And if she says no she'll still have to wait around on you and the next girl you propose to."
"If she doesn't say yes, I'll have to marry mito. That's why I hope to kami she says yes."
"I don't like how your being to my little girl."
Sasuke spluttered. "Your little girl? When did she become your little girl?"
"She's my little girl!"

Sasuke could barely watch Itachi walk out of the dining hall with a straight face. He snorted right afterwards.

"She's my little girl!" He mimicked and shook his head. "If she says yes she'll be your sister-in-law dumbass."

Sakura was rummaging through Sasukes room when the door creaked open and Naruto leaned on the frame of the door.

"Is there something you need?"
Sakura spun and held the skirt of her dress so it wouldn't fly up. "I'm looking for something."
"Something..."
She rolled her eyes. "If I tell you will you leave me alone?" She crossed her arms.
"Deepens what it is your looking for in the princes room."
Sakura glowered. "I'm looking for the engagement ring alright?! Mitos acting like she's going to be Sasuke-kuns wife! I can't let that happen!"
"So what? You'll put the ring on and brag that he proposed to you?"
"No I'm going to take the ring and hide it so he can't propose to either one of us."
Naruto rolled her eyes. "Check the closet. He has a tendency for hiding things in his clothes."
Sakura stared at Naruto for a moment, and when she was sure the general wouldn't drag her out of the room. Sakura walked to the closet and looked through his clothes pockets.

Reaching her hand into one of the coats pockets, she pulled out a ring box. Opening it, Sakura saw a gorgeous red gemmed ring with a dark gold band.
It was beautiful and matched Mitos hair. This was definitely the ring.