Chapter 2 The Sacred Tree

I look up in astonishment to see my crystal had guided me back home. "How...?" I wonder as begin walking up the stairs, but as soon as I make it up a girl with medium black hair with a blue tent that was wearing my school uniform walks out of the shrine the in-ground well is in.

"Kagome, you're back!" A voice calls out from next to me as I see Sota begin rushing over to Kagome. "Why is she coming out of the shrine...? I knew something was fishy." I think as I cleared my throat causing the sibling that were in a tight hug to look at me.

"One of you want to explain what the hell is going on?" I ask trying to hide my annoyance.

"(Y/N), why are you in Japan?" Kagome asks with a confused expression causing my eyes to narrow at her. "She really doesn't know?" I wonder, but Sota then puts on a worried expression as he looks between the two of us.

(Time Skip)

"So Aunt and Uncle passed away..." Kagome trails off and look away from her as we were sitting at the table.

"So where have you been and why did you come out of the shrine?" I ask causing Kagome to let out a sigh.

"You might not believe me." Kagome answer causing me to chuckle.

"Just tell me. I'd rather know the truth than be lied to." I insist as I look back at her causing Kagome to look up at me with a serious expression.

"I've been traveling back in time through the well... I accidently shattered a jewel that came out from my body thanks to a demon and now I'm helping to collect the pieces." Kagome explains and my Jaw drops. "It's not something I'd typically believe, but with Sota and I not being able to enter the shrine... And the crystal on my necklace showing me the way home, it's not exactly the weirdest thing I've heard." I think as I put on a serious expression.

"So you've been time traveling using the inground well that's in the shrine?" I question and Kagome nods. "Kagome also was never any good at lying." I think as I look down at the table.

"Yes, but I came back for our Exams coming up." Kagome responds and I look at her with a stressed expression.

"Yeah, our Chemistry test is supposed to be the worst one..." I trail off and then let out a sigh. "So she only comes back for tests? If I were her I wouldn't come home just for stupid school tests." I think as I then hear a gasp causing us to look over to see Aunty.

"Oh, Kagome. I'm so glad you're back, do you want me to run you a bath, sweetheart?" Aunty asks, but Kagome lets out a yawn.

"Thank you, Momma. But I think I should go get some rest first I'm pretty exhausted." Kagome answers as she gets up from the table.

"Alright, sweety." Aunty says with a smile causing me to get up from the table and begin walking away. "Seeing Aunty and Kagome interact makes me miss them..." I think as I feel tears forming causing me to quickly make my way out of the house and stop in front of the sacred tree, which instantly makes me feel better.

"Thank you, Sacred tree." I whisper with a thankful expression. "You always seem to quell my uneasiness." I think, but then my necklace begins to rise up off my neck and over my head.

"What is it doing this time?!" I exclaim as the crystal begin to glow again and suddenly starts flying away causing me to chase after it. "I can't lose that necklace, my Dad gave it to me!" I think as I rush after it to see it entered the shrine, quickening my pace I enter only to see it floating above the well. Making my way over to the well, it suddenly drops causing me to reach over and catch it just in time. However, I must have reached over to far because I fall into the well.

"Shit!" I call out as I feel myself falling, but I look around to see lights floating all around me illuminating the darkness, but they then disappear as I'm dropped down onto the ground.

"Don't tell me..." I trail off as I look around to see 4 stone walls around me and I slowly look up to see a sky above me. I begin to climb up the vines that were on the stone walls allowing me to make my way up, only to see I'm in a forest. "I traveled to the past?!" I wonder as I completely get out of the well, but then my necklace that was in my hand begin to move like it did before when is showed me home.

"What could it possibly want to show me here?" I question, but then begin to follow it to a tree that looked familiar. "Is this the sacred tree?" I wonder as I walk closer to the tree and placed my hand against it.

"Crap!" I shout as I'm being pulled into the tree against my will causing me to squeeze my eyes shut.

"Open you're eyes child." I woman's voice rang out causing me to do as she says and I look around to see a black ibis, but the floor that looked like water began to illuminate the darkness.

"Where is this?" I wonder as I stand up to see ripples form under my feet.

"This is the inside of the Sacred Tree of Ages." The woman's voice answers causing me to look around, til a woman with long black hair, who was wearing armor appears. "We're inside the tree?!" I think as I look at her with a confused expression.

"Then who are you?" I ask, which causes her to smirk.

"I am the spirit of this Sacred Tree of Ages. This is a borrowed appearance of a Priestess her name was Midoriko." The Tree of Ages answers.

"Midoriko..." I trail off and the Sacred Tree Nods.

"Yes, she was the creator of the Sacred Jewel. Which you have a shard of in you're very hand." The Tree of Ages informs causing me to look down at the shard in confusion.

"So, I'm here thanks to this shard... But are you the reason I traveled back in time?" I question and she chuckles.

"You are quite smart. I the Tree of Ages have the power to control the time flow in the Well, seeing as it was created from my bark." The Tree of Ages responds causing me to look up at her in astonishment.

"So you're the one that allows me and my cousin to go to this time and our own." I point out and she nods.

The reason for you being here, would you like to know, (Y/N)?" The Tree of Ages asks and I nod.

"I need you to change someone's fate, for me." The Tree of Ages requests.

"Change someone's fate... How the hell do you expect me to do that?!" I exclaim, but she begins walking towards me.

"You're the only one who can." The Tree of Ages insists as she begins drawling her sword, but doesn't stop as she continues to walk towards me.

"What are you-" I'm interrupted when she swings her sword at me and I barely dodge it, but then fall back.

"Go fourth, Fate Twister." Her voice rings out as my vision goes black.