Chapter 55 A Woman's Trap

It's only been a few days since I gave up my human heart to the Sacred Shard embedded into my body. However, that hasn't stopped Naraku ordering me around like one of his slaves and as a result I've been out collecting what I'm guessing is the remaining Shards, since I've only gotten my hands on 3 of them.

"So boring..." I trail off as I continue to make my way through the forest I was scowering. "Surprisingly, I feel quite glad to have this Shard, it makes me faster and stronger, as well as not having to deal with Kagura and that bossy Infant as much." I think as I stop on a tree branch and let out a sigh.

"I'm not feeling any Jewel Shard fragments." I point out causing me to jump up to the peak of the tree to check out my surroundings.

"You've done well, (Y/N). Head back to Kagura and the Infant and await your next instructions." Naraku's voice echo's through my head causing me to roll my eyes as I spot to see the new Mountain Temple Kagura had found in the distance. "Fine..." I think as I begin to make my way towards it.

(To Naraku)

"So, you've come, Naraku. Actually I heard you coming from several leagues away." A demon with really long earlobes chuckles as Naraku's poisonous tornado ascends down to it.

"Oh, then that will save me time explaining myself. Mimisenri, they say that you possess ears that are capable of hearing all things in this world." Naraku insists as his turnado disappears and his body begins to form out of thin air, while surrounded by his insects.

"Yes, you are correct, and I have heard things about you, too. Do you intent to take my ears and make them a part of you so that you may use them?" Mimisenri asks cauisng a smirk to appear on Naraku's face.

"Rest assured, your filthy little body doesn't interest me at all." Naraku aswers.

"Well tell me, then. Why have you come all the way here to visit me?" Mimisenri questions.

"Have you heard of the whereabouts of the Sacred Jewel Shards?" Naraku inquired.

"Ahh, according to the rumors of Demons, Naraku, you yourself have apparently obtained nearly all of the Sacred Jewel Shards." Mimisenri made known.

"Just one. One shard is left, and somehow it had eluded my attempts to find it." Naraku attested.

"Ahh, then let's see what my ears can find for you." Mimisenri appealed as he began to hum, while holding up his head.

(To Inuyasha)

"All of our Jewel Shards are now in Naraku's possession." Miroku concluded, while Inuyasha was sitting on top and fence, while Songo was leaning on it.

"Koga still has 2 shards in his legs." Inuyasha asserted as Songo put on a sullen expression.

"And there's the one which keep Kohaku alive." Songo claims causing Inuyasha to glance over at her.

"We also can't forget about (Y/N), who Naraku embedded a Sacred Jewel Shard into once again to try and kill Kagome." Miroku reminds.

"Of course." Inuyasha nods.

"If Naraku succeeds in making the Sacred Jewel whole again, Kohaku will die." Songo noted.

"Don't worry, Songo. We'll stop Naraku." Inuyasha states with a determined expression.

"Thank you." Songo thanks as she looks over at him.

"Believe me, we're going to save Kohaku and (Y/N) and find the remaining Jewel Shards before him." Inuyasha declares.

"Yes, you're right Inuyasha, we will." Songo agrees.

"Inuyasha, I'm sure I don't need to remind you, but you must be more careful with Kagome. Naraku loves to toy and use people's family members against them, especially now that he has (Y/N) set on trying to kill Kagome." Miroku nags causing Inuyasha turn from him.