Chapter 60 Two Sides, Same Coin

(Kagome's POV)

I was standing under the tree in my time with a smile as I starred up at the tree. "This was the spot Inuyasha and I first met." I thought as I placed my hand onto the tree.

"Of course, that was 500 years ago during the Feudal Era." I whispered as I began to reminisce in the past of meeting Inuyasha. A moment later I took my hand away from the Sacred Tree and made my way over to the Shrine. "And it all began right here." I think, while sitting on the first step looking down at the Well as I began to think of when I was forced into the well by Mistress Centipede and the events leading up to releasing Inuyasha from his Seal.

"If I hadn't been attacked by that Centipede Monster. If I hadn't met Inuyasha that day, I wouldn't have to stress out during tests, and Grandpa wouldn't have to agonize over my pretend Illnesses." Kagome thinks as she left the Shrine and headed to her house to get everything ready for her next trip to the Feudal Era.

"Hey, Sis. You're up early." Sota greets as I was rushing down the stairs.

"Yeah, I gotta go do something." I insist causing him to turn to me as I made it down the stairs.

"Is there any news of (Y/N)?" Sota asks causing me to stop in my tracks for a moment.

"N-nope, not yet..." I trail off as I then go into the kitchen trying not to let it bother me.

"Morning, Mom. Is my Lunch ready?" I question as I saw her over by the sink.

"Yes, and I made enough for (Y/N) and your friends, too." Mom responds causing me to freeze for a moment as I looked down at the Lunches. "Mom's been in denial after I told them about what happened with (Y/N)..." I think as I then smile.

"Wow, thanks! I'm sure her and everyone else will love it." I chirp.

"No problem. There's one thing, Kagome." Mom says causing me to stare up at her with a worried expression, but then she smiles.

"Do me a favor and ask how everyone like it and make sure (Y/N)'s eating, ok, Dear." Mom requests causing me to let out a quiet sigh.

"Uh, sure." I nod as I grab the Lunch and make my way out of the house, but stop at the tree once again. "A junior high students like me and (Y/N) had it tough enough with just our studies to worry about... But now. I still can't believe (Y/N), my precious Cousin now wants me dead and is being controlled by that bastard Naraku." I thought as a melencholy expression overtook my face.

"If I never went to the Fuedal Era, would (Y/N) still be here?" I wonder as I stared at the tree."If I hadn't gone into the Well, would (Y/N) still have?" I wondered absentmindedly.

"Kagome." A familair voice called out to me as I turned to see Inuyasha there.

"Hey, good morning!" I chirp causing Inuyasha to look over at me. However, I can't imagine my life any other way." I think with a bright smile.

"Yeah, let's get moving, ok?" Inuyasha requests and I nod. "Once again I'm setting out into the Feudal Era." I think as I rush into the Shrine causing Both Inuyasha and I to jump into the well. Popping out of the well, Kagome looks over to see all her friends standing there awaiting there arrival. "And once again..." I think as Shippou runs up with a wave.

"Kagome, welcome back!" Shippou greets causing me to quickly rush over to them.

"Hi guys." I greet back.

"Hey, Inuyasha. Light a fire under it." Shippou urges with an angry expression as he walks towards him. "I'll continue the journey and do my best to find the Sacred Jewel Shards and save my Cousin from Naraku's cluches." I think as I look back at Inuyasha, who smiles back at me.