Chapter 48 Inside the Mountain

(To Songo)

"What's the matter Miroku?" Songo asks after Miroku stops abruptly.

"Look at this. The path ends. It's almost as if someone hacked off part of the mountain." Miroku answers causing Songo to walk up to him.

"Over there, Miroku." Songo points out.

"A cave. It looks like the path used to that cave." Miroku made known.

"Do you want to go in?" Songo questions as she takes her Hiraikotsu off her back.

"Can you get us up there?" Miroku asks as he makes some distance between them.

"I can try." Songo answers with a grunt, while throwing her hiraikotsu into the other side of the chopped off path.

"Excellent." Songo utters as she then grabs a rope that has a grappling hook from one of her shoulder pads and begins to swing it. Throwing the grappling side on the rope up at the Mountain Path it digs into it causing Songo to pull it straight.

"All right." Songo adds as she then jumps, while pulling herself up on the rope and jumps on her Hiraikotsu she makes it across.

"Wow." Miroku sounds with wide eyes.

"Here! Catch on to this, Miroku!" Songo calls out as she throws the rope to him.

"Very impressive, Songo." Miroku insists as he catches the rope, allowing Songo to pull him up to the path and up to the cave.

"It leads far into the mountain." Songo informs, but then Miroku knits his eyebrows.

"I sense a Demonic Aura here. Let's go, Songo. No doubt about it. Naraku is deep inside this cave." Miroku addresses causing Songo to nod making them both begin to adventure within the cave.

(To Kagura)

She was sitting on the railing with an annoyed expression looming her face, while starring down into the black abys below.

"Kagura." A ghostly voice echoes from behind Kagura causing her to glance back to see Kanna.

"Oh, Kanna, it's you. Boy, you have sure got it good. You don't emanate any Demonic Aura, so you can come and go on sacred ground. I can't even take one step outside that annoying barrier because if I do, I'll end up being purified. Damn it all." Kagura curses as her grip on the railing tightens.

"They're coming." Kanna informs, while her mirror begins to glow for a moment only to reveal Songo and Miroku.

"Those two- the Monk and the Demon Slayer. Hmm, isn't this interesting? We're long overdo for a bit of troublemaking." Kagura remarks as hundreds of demons appear from the black abys.

(To (Y/N) )

"I can't just sit around do nothing... But what can I do?" I ask as I begin walking, but then I sense the presence of 2 Jewel Shards that felt awfully familiar. "These belong to Koga..." I think as I jump up onto the nearby rock with a nod.

"I should go see what Wolf-Boy's up to seeing as he isn't that far." I think as I leap off the rock in the direction of the shards. "I already went against my orders anyways, might as well make the most of what little freedom I have." I think with a smirk.

(To Miroku)

After running through the dark cave Miroku and Songo reach an opening.

"Cloisters?" Miroku questions as he looks up causing Songo to put on her poison shielding mask.

"The Demonic Aura is thick in here." Songo responds but then Miroku gasps causing Songo to look up as well to see hundreds of Demons heading towards them.