Chapter 53 An Infant?!

(To Kagome)

Inuyasha was chasing after Koga, while Kagome and Shippo were on his back. However every time they got close a piece of flesh got in their way.

"Damn it." Inuyasha curses as he jump ups over to a ledge as they glared down at the abys below them.

"Inuyasha, Kagome!" Miroku's voice rings out causing Kagome and Inuyasha to look up to see Songo and Miroku, who were riding Kirara were descending towards them.

"We have to get out of here quickly or the Maisma will kill us!" Songo warns as she twirled her Hiraikotsu above her head.

"Kagome, I know how you feel, but there's nothing more we can do for Koga. We have to give up on saving him." Shippo insists causing Kagome to put on a dejected expression.

"I can't, (Y/N) wouldn't have want me to..." Kagome trails off as she stared down at the abys.

"Shippo." Inuyasha mutters causing Shippo to move towards Inuyasha.

"Yes, what?" Shippo asks as Inuyasha looks over at him.

"Take Kagome, and get out of here fast. Can you manage that?" Inuyasha questions.

"Inuyasha, aren't you coming?" Shippo inquired causing a smile to appear on Inuyasha's face.

"Take good care of Kagome, great Demon Shippo." Inuyasha requests causing Shippo to narrow his eyes at him.

"We can't leave you." Kagome asserted as Inuyasha let her down form his back.

"You wanna save that scrawny wolf, don't you? You'll only be in my way if you're with me. Now go." Inuyasha instructs causing Shippo to nod and jump off his shoulder.

"Transform!" Shippo shouts as transforms in a puff of smoke.

"Kagome, climb on board." Shippo adds.

"Quickly, Kagome." Songo urges.

"There's no time to lose." Miroku addresses causing Kagome to stare back at Inuyasha.

"Don't worry about me. I promise to bring that scrawny wolf back for ya." Inuyasha decides causing Kagome to nod slightly.

"Come on." Inuyasha adds as he places her on top of Shippo, who floats up to Kirara.

"Be careful, Inuyasha, you come back to us. You promised, remember." Kagome reminds as she sees Inuyasha falling into the abys.

"I will." Inuyasha's voice rang out as he disappeared.

(To Kikyo)

She watched as Mountain Hakurei opened up to unleash a powerful Demonic Aura with Miasma swirling around it and without delay it stared to head straight towards her causing the ground around her to break apart. The ball of Maisma stops right in front of Kikyo, who glared at it as a chuckle she knew all too well sounded out.

"Naraku." Kikyo mutters as the miasma disappears around him.

"Kikyo, we meet again." Naraku insists.

(To (Y/N) )

"Why would he..." I whisper as I stared down at the fluff that had not spoke a word since before with Kikyo. "Why would Naraku have me look after an incarnation if it's obvious I can't be trusted." I wonder as my stare intensified.

"Do I need to stop somewhere?" Kagura asks causing me to look up at her.

"What?" I question with a confused expression.

"You look constipated, that's what." Kagura responds as she narrowed her eyes at me.

"No, I'm not!" I proclaim as I glanced back down at the fluff.