Chapter 7 The Boy

( (Y/N)'s POV)

It's already been 2 days of being in this stuffy room bored out of my mind. "The only person that's come to see me is that creepy puppet when it brings me food... Naraku hasn't even come to see me or told me to do anything." I think, but then I jump up from the table and turn towards the door.

"Why should I care if he comes or not?! I'm done sitting around!" I declare as I make my way out of the room and begin to walk through the castle. "I thought this castle seemed quite, I haven't seen one single person or demon. I mean even if this is a demon castle wouldn't there still be advisors or servants?" I wonder as I glanced around, while finally making it outside.

"I feel like I was walking forever..." I trail off and let out a sigh as I look over see a boy in the middle of the courtyard causing my eyes to widen. "A young boy? Is he another person Naraku's saved as well?" I wonder as I begin walking towards him.

"Hey- I go to call out but am interrupted by a weapon barely missing me. I glance over to see a Sickle with a chain attached to it causing me to follow the chain all the way over to the young boy.

"Intruder's will die!" The boy bellows as he turns to me with lifeless eyes. "Is this boy a puppet too...? No, this boy has a presence, but it's as if he's hollow." I think, but then the boy pulls back the sickle into his hand.

"Woah, hold on kid. I'm not an intruder-" Interrupting me one again the boy throws his Sickle, but then I feel pain on my cheek causing me to bring my hand to my cheek. Pulling my hand away a bright red liquid was on it causing my to grin.

"Fine. Have it your way, kid." I whisper as I pull my knife out that I had hidden and begin rushing towards him. Pulling back his Sickle, the kid tries to hit me from behind causing me to quickly dodge and I go to get behind him. Suddenly jumping away, the kid dodges my advance and goes to throw his sickle at me once again.

"Enough, Kohaku!" A voice I know all too well rings out causing the kid to pull his Sickle that was heading towards me back by the chain and rush over and bows to Naraku, who was standing on the porch.

"Master Naraku." Kohaku says causing me to put on a confused expression. "Something doesn't feel right here..." I think as I put on a confused expression as I stared over at Naraku causing him to turn towards me.

"You're injured." Naraku points out as he begins to walk over to me and goes to place his hand to my cheek, but I step back causing his eyes to widen a bit.

"What's wrong with that boy?" I ask causing him to let out a sigh.

"He must have scared you." Naraku answers as he turns and looks over at the boy, who was walking away.

"Kohaku thinks of my words as absolute since I saved him and he doesn't have memories just as you so I let him stay here as long as he guards the castle against intruders." Naraku explains as he turns back to me and stares at my wounded cheek. "I want to trust his words, but that boy's eyes were lifeless as if he was a mindless puppet." I think as I stare over at the direction the boy left with a worried expression.

"I must have forgotten to inform him of your presence, but don't worry Kohaku won't attack you again." Naraku informs as he placed his hand underneath the gash on my cheek and wiped some of the blood away causing me to look over at him.

"You don't have to-"

"Allow me to help you with your injury seeing as it was negligence that caused this." Naraku insists causing me to stay silent for a moment, but then nod.

"I would appreciate it." I say causing Naraku to take his hand away from my face and use his other hand to guide me into the castle. "My feeling about this man is so contradicting..." I think as we enter his room.