Chapter 35 Jakotsu

Kohaku and I were making our way through the forest tree tops as Naraku's pesky Poisonous insects followed us. "He really doesn't trust me, huh?" I wonder as I let out a sigh, but then Kohaku suddenly stops causing me to quickly grab one of the tree branches and swing myself around to get on top of it.

"Is something wrong, Kohaku?" I ask, but he then turns to me.

"We should rest here for a moment, so you should eat while you can (Y/N)." Kohaku answers causing me to stare at him for a moment.

"Alright, I'll be back." I insist as I jump down and begin to look around the forest. Finally a spot a few apples in the nearby tree causing me to jump to it. "I'm glad that I'm not stuck in that stuffy mountain, but I really hope I don't run into Kagome and the others." I think as I grab the apples, but then a scream sounds out nearly causing me to fall out of the tree I was standing on. Quickly, I look down to see two monks underneath the tree.

"That was punishment from Buddha. Now there's no denying the fear that exists deep in your heart." The old Monk states causing me to put on a confused expression. "Is this Monk on something?" I wonder as I take a bite of one of the apples.

"Uh, Master?" The young Monk questions, but then looks away from the old Monk.

"What's that?" The young Monk asks causing me to look over and see stairs leading up to a temple.

"There's a mountain temple up ahead. This is Heaven-sent gift. A veritable Heaven and Hell." The young Monk adds as he places his hands into a preying position. "A temple, huh?" I question as I finish up eating the apple.

"Enough. You have a weak heart and you depend too heavily on the help of others, which is why you see such illusions." The old Monk declares, while waving his fist around. "That old man is blowing smoke out his ass." I think as I roll my eyes and take a bite of the other apple that was in my hand.

"Yes, sir." The young Monk bows causing the old Monk to begin walking.

"Now then, let us seek shelter." The old Monk made known causing the Young Monk to follow after him and I scoff.

"I knew it..." I trail off as I finish eating the apple and begin to feel a sting from my wrist. "Better get back to Kohaku." I think as I begin making my way through the tree tops towards the direction of the Shard.

(To Kagome)

Her and the rest of the group were walking up a mountain path when they began to hear a few Villagers gossiping about something.

"Excuse me, gentlemen. Can I speak to you for a moment?" Miroku requests as he walks down to them causing Inuyasha to scoff.

"What's he doing?" Inuyasha asks causing Kagome to turn to him.

"Can't pass through without finding out what's going on." Kagome answers as they all follow after Miroku.

"Well, there is a Temple around here that was built to quite the souls of the Band of Seven." Villager 1 informs.

"And what is the Band of Seven" Miroku questions.

"Their story started over a decade ago. It is believe they traveled to our Territory from somewhere in the East." Villager 1 responds.

"They were ruthless Mercenaries. The whole band of them." Villager 2 made known.

"They served no one Lord. Instead, they lived as Ronin, finding temporary employment in any battle they happened to come across." Villager 3 points out.

"There were only 7 of them, but their strength was incredible. They could do the work of 100 men, and their raids were unnecessarily savage. Those who were slain by the Band of Seven were sliced to pieces and burned alive." Villager 1 shudders.