Chapter 31 Beautiful, yet lonely.

A few weeks have passed since the fight between the Panther Demons occurred and I've been traveling with Sesshomaru once again. So, I thought I might as well rather than trying to find Kagome and the others, but for some reason I've been feeling extremely restless lately.

"Could it just be my imagination?" I wonder as Rin and I stared up at the fully red colored moon, but a sound rings out causing me to look over at her.

"Hungry?" I ask causing Rin to slightly chuckle.

"Rin." Sesshomaru's voice rings out causing us both to look over at him.

"Yes? What is it, my Lord?" Rin questions.

"If you're hungry, you must fend for yourself." Sesshomaru answers as he stared at me. "It's weird I keep feeling as if he wants to say something to me, but he doesn't." I think as I stare back at him.

"All right. I'm off." Rin insists causing me to stand up from where I was sitting.

"Wait, Rin. I'll accompany you!" I chirp as I turn and run after her.

"Oh my goodness. Lord Sesshomaru instructed Rin to fend for herself. So why did he then demand that I accompany her and you?!" Jaken exclaims as Rin was riding on A-Un, while Jaken and I were leading A-Un.

"Maybe he felt his retainer was getting lazy." I jibe causing him to glare up at me.

"How far are we going, Master Jaken?" Rin asks.

"Until we find food! What do you think?!" Jaken exclaims. He didn't have to sound so harsh." I think as I roll my eyes.

"Hmm? Master Jaken, how exactly are you of any service to Lord Sesshomaru?" Rin questions causing me to chuckle as Jaken begins to tremble.

"Hmm! I serve him in innumerable ways!" Jaken responds, while turning around to face her with an angry expression.

"You do?" Rin asks. "Yeah, to take his anger out or wipe his feet on." I think, while trying to keep myself from laughing.

"Yes! For instance, uh..." Jaken trails off as he was distracted by something, but then gasps.

"Are you okay?" I question, but he didn't respond and began to chuckle. "Has he gone off the deep end?" I wonder as I go to poke him.

"Master Jaken?" Rin asks causing Jaken to quickly turn to her.

"Listen here, Rin! Today you shall witness the great length I go to serve our lord! No vassal has ever served him as I am about to!" Jaken proclaims with a determined expression. "Something tells me this isn't going to end well." I think as my stomach then sounds out in hunger.

"Well, you have fun. Rin and I are going to find something to eat..." I trail off as I grab the reins and begin leading A-Un away from Jaken with a sigh. The wind begin to dance through my air, but it didn't feel good more like unsettling. "I'm getting a really bad feeling as if something is on the move..." I think as a chill ran down my spine, but then something tugged on my sleeve causing me to look over and see Rin looking up at me with a worried expression.

"Do you think I was rude to Jaken?" Rin questions causing me to shake my head.

"If you didn't mean it to be rude then I don't think so." I respond causing Rin to smile with a chuckle.

"Did I say something funny?" I ask causing her to shake her head as she points up causing me to look up and see fruit hanging from the tree above us.

"It's a little high up." Rin answer causing me to wink at her.