Chapter 46 Inner-Turmoil

(To Bankotsu)

(Bankotsu's POV)

Sitting down in front of one of my now dead comrades grave and began to down a bowl of alcohol.

"Kyokotsu, Mukotsu, how does it feel to be back in the other world again?" I asks, while starring up at the split in two tomb. After listening to what they both had to say, I throw the bowl I was drinking out of at the tomb causing it to shatter.

"That's ridiculous." I state as I get up from the ground.

"Once you're dead, you're dead. That's the end of it." I declare, while beginning to walk over.

"There's no such thing as an afterlife." I add as I drawl my Banryu out of the ground. "Yet that girls just wasting her life serving that damned Demon." I think as I begin to walk away.

(To Kikyo)

Walking through the misty forest, Kikyo's eyes widen as she sees a dark skinned man with a long braid, dressed in armor walking towards her causing Kikyo to stop in her tracks and stares at him intensely. However, the man doesn't look up at her and continues to walk passed her, which makes Kikyo look back at him.

"Woman, are you the one they call Kikyo?" The man asks as he stops walking.

"And you are with the Band of 7?" Kikyo questions causing Bankotsu to chuckle making Kikyo turn to him, but Bankotsu begins to walk away.

"Wait!" Kikyo calls out causing Bankotsu to stop.

"What do want of me?" Bankotsu asks.

"Just curious. You're supposed kill me, are you not?" Kikyo questions causing Bankotsu to chuckle once more.

"Maybe, maybe not... Naraku is the one giving me orders." Bankotsu responds as he turns to her making Kikyo drawl her bow, which makes Bankotsu smirk.

I've heard the rumors about you. Still, I would have never guessed how similar you and that girl are..." Bankotsu trails off causing Kikyo to narrow her eyes at him, but doesn't withdrawal her bow.

"You wish to take me on, do you? All right, then, let's do it. I accept your challenge." Bankotsu states as he points his Banryu towards her, but she stood there deep in thought, while studying him.

"What's stopping you? Come on, take the first shot." Bankotsu declares causing her to loosen up her grip a bit.

"I want to know what it is you're after. Why do you continue to kill, even after being resurrected? What reason could you possibly have for doing so?" Kikyo asks, which makes him smirk.

"Now that's a strange question. I don't need any reason for killing people. I have always been this way, before my death and after being revived." Bankotsu answers causing Kikyo to lower her bow.

"In the world we live in, it's sometimes necessary to kill in order to survive, but you died once, so why not stop your evil wrongdoings?" Kikyo questions causing Bankotsu to scoff.

"I'm a Mercenary through and through, and what I do is thoroughly enjoyable. People talk about Heaven and Hell all the time, but once a mortal is dead, that's the end of it. I have no interests in the so-called other worlds. I do as I please with no fear of the afterlife." Bankotsu responds.

"You say that to convince yourself, don't you? It's pathetic. Trying to make excuses for your wicked actions." Kikyo jibes.

"You both are quite similar..." Bankotsu trails off, while closing his eyes as he rests his sword on his shoulder.

"Are you speaking of my Reincarnation?" Kikyo asks with a slightly annoyed expression making Bankotsu furrow his brows slightly.

"No, I believe their related though." Bankotsu answer, while placing his hand on his chin with a slight nod causing Kikyo's eyes to widen.