Chapter 61 Between Life and Death

(To (Y/N) )

Riding on Entei me and Hakudoshi watched as the Demon Birds were laying waste to the Village bellow us. "So this is what that Princess Abi's birds can do?" I wonder as I felt my chest completely tighten, but I let no emotion show through. I guess Entei felt my emotions because he let out a neigh, but Hakudoshi only smiled down at the burning village.

"These bird Demons will open the Gate to the Border, huh?" I question causing Hakudoshi to glance back at me.

"You'll know soon enough." Hakudoshi responds as he look away and back down at the Village.

(To Kagome)

They came to another Village that was burned down along with blood drained corpses littering the ground.

"Did those Demon birds do this to the villagers?" Shippo asks as we was hanging on to Miroku's shoulder, while he was bend down to one of the corpses.

"Yes. I'm almost certain of it." Miroku answers as Songo was bend down looking at another corpse.

"They seem to be attacking every Village and Hamlet in this region." Songo points out.

"I wonder about that Demon, who calls herself princess Abi. What could her purpose be?" Miroku questions as he stands up.

"Say, Inuyasha, what do you think she's up to? Why would she be gathering so much Human blood?" Kagome inquires as she was staring at him, but he was starring down at the corpses.

"I don't know." Inuyasha muttered.

"Let's go, everyone. We need to find the nest." Songo made known causing everyone to look at her.

"Nest? You mean the nest of Demon birds?" Kagome quired and Songo nods.

"Songo's got a point. Besides we got no other clues to go on." Miroku answers causing Kagome to nod.

(To Rin)

"Master Jaken, Master Jaken. Why are you so green?" Rin sings s she was picking flowers.

"I don't know." Master Jaken answers with a sigh.

"Looks like we've been left behind again. Boring, isn't it, Master Jaken?" Rin asks.

"You said it, boring." Master Jaken answers as he was side-eyeing run when a huge guest of wind came through nearly blowing Rin over and causing Jaken to fly a few feet backwards and land on his face. Looking up, Rin screams at the sight of Kagura, who was looking around.

"Master Jaken!" Rin calls out as she hides behind Master Jaken, who readies himself.

"Kagura, you back again? You better not be here to abduct little Rin." Master Jaken demands as Kagura wore a slightly disappointed expression.

"Come on. Did I ever try and abduct her?" Kagura questions looking over at him.

"Of course along with (Y/N)! Don't deny it!" Master Jaken proclaims as Kagura looked away again.

"Is Sesshomaru around?" Kagura inquires as she turns back to him once again.

"You fool, if Lord Sesshomaru were here, your worthless head would be rolling on the ground by now." Master Jaken responds causing Kagura to turn away from them.

"I guess it would." Kagura said as she pulls out a feather from her hair.

"Wait!" Rin calls out causing Kagura to glance back at her, making Rin flinch a bit.

"H-how is (Y/N)?!" Rin exclaims as if trying to fight her fear.

"That foolish girl... She's fine." Kagura answers as she then fly's up into the air.