Chapter 5 Miasma

We have been traveling for what felt like a month and almost everyday Songo and I take an hour to practice a with weapons. My worrywart cousin has explained everything to me into extreme detail about everything. The jewel shards and how she came to this Era, Kikyo, the priestess I met before we left and how Kagome is her reincarnation. Last but not least everyone connection to this Naraku dude, who is a terrible demon that wants these jewel shards for himself and it doesn't matter the lives he destroys to get them.

"Hey-" I interrupt the person, who came up walking behind me as my knife almost pierced their neck.

"You really love almost dying at my hand, don't you Monk?" I ask as I relax causing Miroku to chuckle nervously.

"Not particularly, but Dinner is ready." Miroku informs and I nod. The Monk turns away and heads back to camp as I hear a scoff causing me to I look over to see Inuyasha standing there by the nearest tree.

"I was going to say it's stupid of you to be so far from the camp, but seeing as you almost slit Miroku's throat..." Inuyasha trails off causing me to laugh.

"I chose this place to practice cause I could feel you're presence in the tree." I point out and Inuyasha's eyes widen for a moment.

"O-oh well let's get back, I'm hungry." Inuyasha insists as he walks passed me and I roll my eyes. "I figured out that in this last month that he doesn't hate me. It's just he doesn't know how to show his emotions very well since he's a half-demon and half-human he can't manage them too well." I think as I grab my stuff and follow after him.

"(Y/N), here you are." Kagome states as she rushes over to me and hands me a bowl.

"Thank you." I say as I head over and sit next to Songo and Shippo.

"Miroku told me you've improved very well with you're knife skills." Songo jibes causing me to place my hand on my neck with a nervous expression.

"I didn't know it was Miroku behind me, so..." I trail off causing Shippo to glare over at Miroku.

"I guess Miroku should learn not to sneak up on you." Shippo declares causing the Monk to clear his throat.

"Well, we all know this Monk can take care of himself." Songo made known as I nearly spit out my food, while Shippo chuckles. Suddenly I look around to see Inuyasha and Kagome had disappeared causing me to let out a sigh. "Inuyasha and Kagome are pretty close, but I never know if their gonna come back in a fight or be all lovey-dovey." I think as I place my bowl down finally done with my food.

"Are you already done?" Songo asks with a confused expression.

"Was it not to you're liking?" Miroku adds causing me to quickly put my hand in front of me with a smile.

"Oh, yes the food was good, but I'm exhausted. So I'm gonna go ahead and turn in." I answer and they nod.

"Sleep well." Shippo insists and I nod. Walking over to Kagome's bag, I grab the sleeping bag out of it and begin rolling it out. "This should be good." I think as I lay down and fall asleep.

"(Y/N)." A voice calls out in the darkness that I found myself standing in causing me to look in the direction, but I couldn't see anyone.

"(Y/N)." The voice calls out once more, but in a different direction and I turn to it, but there was still no one there.

"Who are you?!" I exclaim, but then a familiar deep throated chuckle sounded out causing a chill to run down my spine.

"I look forward to meeting you soon." The deep voice rings out causing me to open my eyes to see the bright morning sun beaming down.