Chapter 23 Possession

Without a moment to spare we all left Kaede's village and set out on our journey, but part of me just wanted to go to the well, jump in and never look back. However, I couldn't shake what the Sacred tree nor that Ominous Priestess said to me. "I have to know what they both mean..." I think as a Demonic Presents feels the air causing me to stop in my tracks.

"Huh, what's that?" Kagome asks as she stops causing everyone else to stop as well.

"A strong Demonic Aura." Songo answers as I hear Kirara begin to grown causing me to place a hand on my sword.

"Huh?" Shippo sounds as he looks over to see Kirara transform.

"Be careful. The evil is drawing near." Miroku informs causing Inuyasha to glance around.

"Where are you? Come on and show yourself." Inuyasha states, but I then look over to see something rustling.

"Inuyasha, behind!" I call out causing everyone to look over.

"It's underground." Songo points out as it makes it's way in front of us and pops up out of the ground with a loud shriek. The Centipede then spits a yellow liquid causing Inuyasha and Miroku to jump out of the way.

"Yuck! What is that junk? It's melting the ground!" Shippo declares causing me to look over at him.

"Most likely Belly Acid." I insist.

"Shippo, (Y/N)!" I hear Kagome's voice sound out causing me to dive for Shippo.

"Whoa!" Shippo sounds out as I quickly roll away barely missing the Centipede's advances.

"Are you okay?" I question as I get up with him in my arms and he looks up at me.

"Yeah, Thanks (Y/N)." Shippo responds as Kagome, who was riding on Kirara rushes over to us.

"Get on." Kagome instructs causing us both to get on Kirara, who then moves away avoiding another one of the Centipede's advances. "That things relentless..." I think as I then see Miroku holding up his staff.

"I'll stop it!" Miroku bellows as Songo rushes towards it as well.

"Take this, Hiraikotsu!" Songo shouts as Inuyasha unsheathes his sword.

"Aah!" Miroku screams, while smacking the Centipede in the head. Suddenly, the Centipede sounds out as a red Yara disperses from it. "What is that red aura?" I wonder as Inuyasha lifts up his sword over his head.

"It's over!" Inuyasha proclaims.

"Hang on!" Kagome calls out causing Inuyasha to stop before he uses his sword.

"Huh? What now?" Inuyasha asks as Songo stops right before she through her weapon and spins in a circle. Once Miroku lands on the ground he taps his staff on the ground.

"It can't fight anymore." Kagome answers as Kirara brings us to the ground causing me to scoff.

"Wow, the Monks actually good for something." I whisper as the Centipede then falls backwards.

"Thanks for nothing. I was just about to slice and dice that thing!" Inuyasha bellows.

"Well, it's no loss. It hardly put up a fight." Shippo made known causing Songo to sigh.

"It's disappointing when a Demon's appearance is so deceiving." Songo states causing me to cross my arms. "I'd rather get a weak demon compared to what we went through with Tsubaki." I think as Miroku turns to the Centipede.

"All's well that ends well and that's what counts." Miroku declares, but we then begin to hear what sounds like people cheering.

"What's up with those guys?" Inuyasha questions causing me to look over and see a bunch of Villagers gathered with bright smiles on their faces.