Chapter 18 My Cousin

It's been a few weeks since I started traveling with Sesshomaru and my dreams of the past have only increased. I've practically remembered everything from my childhood, but other than that I still haven't been able to see that little girl with black hairs face. On top of that Naraku's words have no intention of leaving my mind and neither has the anxiety it brings.

"That foolish child is asleep already?" Jaken asks causing me to pop back into reality and I look over to see Rin sleeping soundly on A-Un's back.

"Not a care in the world, I admire it..." I trail off, but then I hear a scoff causing me to look over to Jaken, who has an annoyed expression.

"She didn't use to be like that." Jaken whispers causing me to put on a confused expression. "Is he talking about before she started accompanying Sesshomaru? Well I guess in this Era little kids aren't as lucky as I was..." I think as I let out a sigh as we continue to follow after Sesshomaru, while the bright moonlight shines down on us.

"We shall rest here." Sesshomaru's voice rang out as he stops in his tracks causing A-Un to lay down on the ground and Jaken walks over and sits beside him. "I am surprised that he let's us stop and sleep even though he's a demon. They usually don't need to sleep as much as humans do, except Jaken he sleeps all the time." I think with a chuckle.

"(Y/N), come get some rest so we don't have to take so many stop breaks tomorrow." Jaken points out and I roll my eyes at him. "I guess he's right." I think as I walk over and lay against A-Un. I began to drift off to sleep as Sesshomaru disappeared into the distance.

"It's nice to have you back, (Y/N)." A woman's voice greets causing me to look up to see a woman with dark black hair and I smiles up at her.

"It's nice to see you Aunty!" I chirp as the girl with black hair came out from behind her with a pretty yukata on, but this time I could see her face. "There's no mistake... It's Kagome." I think as she comes up to me with a smile.

"I'm so excited for the festival, how about you?" Kagome asks and I nod.

"Me too." I answers as we both held each others hands and walk away over towards the Sacred tree.

"You're getting closer to remembering who you really are, (Y/N)." A voice echoes out as I stared up at the Sacred Tree. "Who I really am?" I wonder as the warrior priestess comes out of the tree causing me to look around to see Kagome was no longer next to me.

"It's you." My voice rang out as I glared at her.

"You are making a new fate with every decision you make, remember that." The woman reminds causing me to quickly sit up and look around to see both Rin and Jaken were still asleep. "Damn it... That woman is always so cryptic." I think as I stand up from A-Un and begin walking till I come up to a steam. "So me and Kagome are related, huh?" I wonder as I bend down and scoop some of the water into my hand.

"What a surprise..." A voice trails off causing me to glance over to the other side of the stream to see Kikyo surrounded by bright lights.

"Kikyo." I say causing a slight smirk to appear.

"You remembered my name, I would have thought Naraku would have erased our encounter from you're memory." Kikyo states and I look away from her at the mention of Naraku. "Erase my memory... Didn't she say something similar the last time we encountered each other?" I wonder as I then hear a chuckle sound out causing me to look over at Kikyo.

"What are you laughing at?" I ask as a few white serpents begin to swoop around catching the flying lights.

"I thought he'd keep you beside him, but it turns out I was wrong." Kikyo answers causing me to look down.