Chapter 29 Weaknesses

It's been a month since I came back to my time and obviously I've been trying to keep myself busy so I was about to go meet Ayumi, Eri, and Yuka at the Library. Suddenly, a loud banging sound comes from the Shrine causing me to stop in my tracks and look over at it.

"Ow..." A familiar voice trails off causing me to walk over and open the door of the shrine to see Kagome, who was getting up off the ground.

"Welcome back, Kagome." I greet causing her to look up at me.

"(Y/N)-"

"Here, let me help." I offer as I grab her bag and help her up.

"Thanks. Um, were you about to go somewhere?" Kagome asks and I nod.

"Yeah, I was about to go meet up with the girls to study for the test your obviously back for." I answer causing her to slightly chuckle.

"I'll join you then... I need as much help as I can get." Kagome sighs causing me to nod with a giggle.

"The more the merrier." I insist and we began on our way to the library as Kagome started bringing me up to speed on everything that's happened in the Feudal Era causing me to look down at the ground. "I shouldn't be surprised, Inuyasha found a way to break through a barrier..." I think as I let out a sigh.

"Hey, oh, Kagome." Someone says causing me to look up to see the girls standing outside the Library.

"You're finally back!" Ayumi chirps as Eri looks over at me.

"Why didn't you tell us she was back?" Eri asks and I smile.

"I wanted to surprise you guys." I answer as Yuka gives Kagome a big hug.

"We're so glad you're here." Ayumi insists and Yuka sighs.

"That test is supposed to be a hard one..." Yuka trails off causing me to nod.

"Then we best get in there and start studying." I point out causing them all to nod and we all head into the Library. "I hadn't really thought about the Feudal Era since I got back. I mean, so much happened before I left especially with Naraku." I think as I then see something waving in front of my face.

"(Y/N), please help me!" Yuka wines causing me to blink a couple times.

"O-oh, which problem?" I question as I grab the paper from her hands.

"number 5." Yuka responds causing Eri and Kagome to turn to me with puppy dog eyes.

"Let me guess you guys need help with this one too." I made known causing both of them to nod and I let out a sigh. Finally, it was almost dark causing us all to get up from the Library tables where we were studying at.

"See you two at school, tomorrow." Ayumi states and we nod.

"Yeah, see you guys." Kagome declares as I waved my hand.

"Bye." I say as we walk out the Library and begin heading home, but Kagome and I both stayed silent. We made it home from the library and I went straight to my room. Laying on my bed, I look over to see the hairpin on my side table causing me to grab it and hold it up in front of me.

"Does he love me?" I ask as Naraku's worried expression flashes through my mind. "Do I...? No, How could I? He's done too many awful things to the people around me." I think as I turn on my side and place the Hairpin back on my side table. Letting out a sigh, I close my eyes and slowly drift to sleep.

(Time Skip)

It was finally the day of the test, but that wasn't what bothered me it was having to go back to the Feudal Era after school today.