Chapter 56 Regret and Desire

(To (Y/N) )

"I'm so bored..." I trail off as I was sitting on the balcony of the Mountain Temple, while starring out at the morning sky. "It's been a week since that stupid Salamander-demon trap that I had set failed, but I haven't received any orders so that's left me with practically nothing to do." I think as I let out a sigh.

"Would you go find something to do instead of sitting there sighing like you've done most of this week!" Kagura jibes causing me to glare back at her.

"I hate sitting around and doing nothing, but I can't leave until I receive orders. You should know better than anyone Naraku punishes people who doesn't listen." I point out causing Kagura to scoff as she turns away from me making me roll my eyes as I look over to see Kanna standing in front of me.

"Good morning Kanna." I greet causing her to nod, while her mirror begins to shine. "Am I finally being given more orders?" I wonder as my face lights up, but then the mirror reveals a Burnette woman, who seemed to be on her deathbed casing me to glance up at Kanna with a confused expression.

"Are you showing me my future, Kanna?" I ask causing Kanna to shake her head as I look back down to see people beginning to weep around her. "I'm guessing Naraku wants me to use this woman for my next trap." I think as a slight smirk appear on my face.

"Finally, I get a break from you." Kagura answers causing me to glance back and see her pulling a feather from her hair.

(To The Dying Woman)

"How very sad, dear Princess." Nun 1 sobs causing the woman to look over at her.

"Please, I am no longer a Princess, remember? I am simply Sara, Call me Sara." Sara pleads causing Nun 1 to look back at her.

"What a terrible shame, if only Asano Castle hadn't burned down." Nun 1 insists.

"I wish you hadn't fallen ill, and in this impoverished place, no less." Nun 2 cries.

"It's so horribly sad." Nun 3 made known causing Sana to look up at the ceiling.

"Sad, perhaps, but this is my Fate. I'm afraid I've been such a burden to you all." Sana points out cause Nun 1 to slightly shake her head.

"Oh, no, not in the least, my lady." Nun 1 disagreed.

"We've been truly blessed having been able to serve you for a time. We all feel the same way." Nun 2 concurred causing Sara to look over at them.

"And I have been blessed as well. Having been surrounded by people like you and the Villagers... My flute. I'll play. One last time. One final song." Sara decided with a sullen expression.

(To (Y/N) )

I was standing atop the roof where the Woman, who was dying resided causing a scoff to sound out. "Why am I giving a woman who is convinced dying is her fate another chance at life? I don't get it..." I think as a high pitched sound began to ring out from below me.

"A flute..." I trail off as I glance down to see villagers flocking around the house. "It's sounds as if she's calling for something or someone." I think as I then see Kagome and the others passing by, but they were starring over at the house making Kagome stop in her tracks.

"Another chance." I whisper with a smirk as Inuyasha passes by Kagome.

"Come on, let's go." Inuyasha insists causing Kagome to turn to them.

"Wait. Hang on a minute, Inuyasha." Kagome pleads as she begins rushing after him.

"Lady Sara! Lady Sara!" Nun 1 calls out causing me to glance back down at the roof.