Chapter 49 The Saint's Barrier

(To (Y/N) )

I was walking along a mountain path when a silhouette began to appear in the fog ahead of me.

"(Y/N), I figured you wouldn't listen." Kohaku's voice rang out, but the chill down my spine knew it wasn't him talking, but Naraku.

"Naraku..." I trail off as Kohaku begins walking towards me.

"I planned that you would leave and find Kagome." Kohaku addresses as I tense up.

"Do not fret, for I am not mad." Kohaku adds.

"You're not?" I ask, but Kohaku shakes his head as he stops in front of me.

"Rather, I want you to meet up with Kagura and wait for further instructions." Kohaku answers.

"Understood." I nod slightly causing Kohaku to return back to normal. "He knew all along. He just let me believe I was fooling him..." I think as Kohaku turns away from me, while I balled my hands into fists.

"Follow me, lady (Y/N)." Kohaku insists as he begins to walk. "I'm lucky he isn't mad, but for now I need to listen to my orders or he could very well change his mind and punish me." I think as I tightened my balled up fists and begin to walk after him.

(To Inuyasha)

Inuyasha was running through the cave when a snake-like light rushed towards him causing him to barely dodge it.

"Is that really you as a mortal? You're as cute a Human as you are a Half-Demon." A voice Inuyasha knew all too well as he stepped into the light.

"Jakotsu!" Inuyasha made known with a glare.

"What a pleasant surprise." Jakotsu remarks as Inuyasha grunts, while grabbing his sword from his waistband.

"I've been waiting for the time when I could fight you again, Inuyasha." Jakotsu insists as he holds up his sword causing Inuyasha to move back, but he was up against the wall.

(To Songo)

"Miroku!" Songo called out as they were running through the cave.

"Right, let's do it." Miroku nods as they rush toward the light brimming through the cave.

"Who would have thought it'd lead to a place like this?" Songo asks as they began running through the misty Temple corridor.

"nd it looks like a Mountain Temple." Miroku answers as they continue running, until they see something up ahead causing them both to stop in their tracks for a moment.

"A living Buddha!" Songo proclaims with wide-eyes.

"Is it Saint Hakushin?" Miroku questions causing the once lifeless mummy to awaken with golden eyes starring back at them causing Miroku and Songo to gasp.

"Friends of the Fate-Twister, I presume?" Saint Hakushin asks.

(To Kagome)

She was looking down at both Shippo and Kirara, who were in her arms with a worried expression.

"What's happening to Inuyasha? He's taking so long in there." Hakkaku points out with folded arms.

"Even a Half Demon like him would find it hard on Sacred grounds. Maybe he's already bitten the dust." Ginta suggests with a thoughtful expression causing everyone else to gasp.

"You think he's dead?!" Kagome exclaims causing Koga to walk up with an angry expression, while cracking his knuckles.

"Listen, you two." Koga growls, while cracking his knuckles once more causing the two boys to tense up with scared expressions. Groans sound out as Koga hits them both in the head causing Ginta and Hakkaku to hold their heads, while on the ground.