Chapter 54 Heart of Darkness

(To Kagome)

"Excuse me. It would seem there's been a tragedy. Please allow me to help." An old monk insists causing everyone to look over at him.

"Thanks very much." Kagome thanks as she held pink flowers in her hands.

"So, you came from the area of Mount Hakurei?" Miroku asks as they finished up the graves.

"Yes, I've been on a Pilgrimage, traveling around these lands. I heard that Mount Hakurei, the Sacred Mountain, had collapsed, and that an Evil Aura was spreading south." The old monk answers.

"I see." Miroku says.

"Oddly enough, it's exactly as that Priestess said." The old monk adds causing Inuyasha and Kagome to gasp with wide eyes.

"It was two days ago. An injured Priestess washed up on a riverbank near a village on the other side of the mountains. She mumbled about being wounded by Naraku. Then she said that she had to go after this Naraku fellow." The old monk explains causing the wide-eyed Inuyasha to stare at him.

"However, her injuries were so serious, she may have already died from them." The old monk informs causing an anxious expression to appear on Inuyasha's face.

"Go, Inuyasha." Kagome instructed causing Inuyasha to flinch, but then quickly turns to Kagome, who had both fists clenched.

"Kagome?" Inuyasha quires with a look of dibeleif.

"But Kagome-"

"This is no time to hesitate. Now hurry. Kikyo must be waiting." Kagome interjected Songo with a calm expression.

"Yes. Forgive me." Inuyasha pleads as he then turns and starts taking off.

(To (Y/N) )

I was watching the sky beginning to turn orange and the clouds turning a darkish purple causing me pull the baby, who was asleep against my chest away from me making it's eyes slightly open.

"You gonna tell me what our orders are or am I not allowed to know?" I ask causing the Infant to close it's eyes.

"Let me sleep." The Infant instructs causing me to sigh as I lay the baby against my chest.

"Quite bossy..." I trail off, but then my body began to feel funny. Going to move the Infant away from myself, I realized I wasn't to move. "Damn it, I let my guard down!" I think as an evil aura began to surround my body causing me to gasp.

"W-what are you- what is this feeling?" I question as I stared down at the Infant with an anxious expression. "It's like he's peering into my heart or Soul." I think as the evil aura turn dark.

"N-no." I stutter as I feel the darkness slowly starting to seep in. "No, I can't handle this terrible feeling! Someone please save me..." I think as all the henius things I've done come rushing through my head.

"No, this is... This is my punishment." I concluded as the light in my eyes began to dissipate. "I caused Kagome and everyone so much pain, not even my parents were spared." I think causing the Infant's eyes to shoot open making my body pulsate, allowing the darkness to be completely absorbed within me.

"I finally grasped the darkness in your heart, (Y/N). You can't get away from me now. Now hold me tightly. Let our Souls unite." The Infant prodded, while gripping onto my shirt causing my eyes to close. "No one will save me." I think as I wrapped my arms around the Infant as my consciousness faded into the darkness.

"I'm surprised you were able to tame that stubborn girl." Kagura's voice rang out causing the Infant to glance over to see Kagura standing on the balcony.