Chapter 25 The Howling Wind

"You have the power to do it. Once you kill Naraku, all the Sacred Jewel Shards he has gathered will be yours. Let's use those shards and provide ourselves with a little amusement." Kagura points out with a terrifying grin, while Rin and Jaken were sitting on the ground starring up at her as Sesshomaru stared at her with an unamused expression.

"You intend to betray Naraku?" Sesshomaru asks causing Kagura to look away from him.

"It's not as though I have chosen to live under his command. What do you think of my plan? Joining forces would be of mutual benefit." Kagura answers.

"Unfortunately, I have no interested in the Sacred Jewel." Sesshomaru insists causing Kagura to glance over at Jaken.

"Imp, did I hear you mention something before about (Y/N)?" Kagura questions causing Sesshomaru's eyes to slightly widen.

"You know her?" Jaken questions causing Rin's eyes to light up.

"She used to travel with us, but then she suddenly disappeared... Do you know where she is?" Rin asks causing Kagura to look back over at Sesshomaru.

"I see... Sesshomaru, by killing Naraku would obviously set (Y/N) free from his grasp and it maybe a little loose compared to the one he has on me, but it's definitely still there." Kagura informs causing Sesshomaru to step a little closer to Kagura as his numb expression appeared once again.

If you wish to become free, use those shards yourself and destroy Naraku." Sesshomaru states causing Kagura to stand up straight.

"Hmm! Are you afraid of him?!" Kagura exclaims.

"I'm saying I'm under no obligation to assist you." Sesshomaru declares causing Kagura to glare at him with a distasteful expression.

"If you don't have the resolve to go it alone, don't even think about betraying him." Sesshomaru adds.

"Foolish Coward! And you call yourself a man?!" Kagura exclaims with an angry expression causing both Rin and Jaken to shrink back a little as her voice echoed out.

"I misjudged you." Kagura adds as she grabs one of her feathers and throws it causing her to jump up onto it.

"Pathetic fool." Kagura remarks as she glares back at Sesshomaru, but then turns and fly's away.

"Ha! That despicable woman. You know, I wonder if she truly intended to make you her protector. Talk about gall. Where on Earth does she get the nerve? An incarnation, that's all she is." Jaken fumed as he stands up from the ground.

"You're so strong, Lord Sesshomaru. You don't even need the power of the Sacred Jewel." Rin compliments as Sesshomaru stares off in the direction Kagura left in.

"That woman mentioned (Y/N), though as if she knew where she was." Jaken made known causing Sesshomaru to turn away and begin walking.

"Hmm? Milord, where are you off to? Are you leaving already?!" Jaken exclaims as him and Rin begin running after him.

"Ahh! Oh, I forgot something." Jaken insists as he rushes back over and grabs A-Un's reins.

"Come along." Jaken adds as he begins to walk with A-Un, while Rin rushes to Sesshomaru's side.

"Lord Sesshomaru, I'm not lonely anymore, but I wonder if maybe Kagura is..." Rin trails off as she then looks up at Sesshomaru.

"Do you think (Y/N) is okay?" Rin questions causing Sesshomaru to glance down at her for a moment, but then back up to in front of him.

"Knowing that stubborn girl I'm sure she's fine." Jaken responds as he catches up to them.

(To (Y/N))