Chapter 51 Duel to the Death

(To Bankotsu)

(Bankotsu's POV)

I glared at Inuyasha, who lands on the ground a couple feet from me. "I've been giving a second chance at life, and I'm not gonna waste it." I think as I rush towards Inuyasha.

"Wind Scar!" Inuyasha shouts causing a Demonic blast to rush towards me, but I quickly send one of my own towards him.

"Awaken, Bankotsu. Awaken. " Naraku's voice rings out causing me to think back to the day I was revived.

"Awaken, Bankotsu. Awaken." Naraku instructs as a power engulfed my body.

"I grant you life once again." Naraku adds causing me to open my eyes with a groan.

"Who are you?" I ask as a blurry silhouette of a person appeared before me.

"To think the man I met all those years ago was Bankotsu of the Band of 7." My vision cleared to see Naraku standing before me.

"I remember now. You're that Demon I met in the forest." I insists, while sitting up.

"My name is Naraku." Naraku informs.

"Naraku?" I question, but then look over to see my hand was covered in flesh.

"Wait. What is this? The 7 of us were beheaded." I add with an uncertain expression.

"You are quite right. We're inside you're grave, right now." Naraku explains causing me to look over at the smoke behind me to see huge bones, armor and weapons laying there.

"I embedded a shard of the Sacred Jewel inside your body, that is the power you feel." Naraku explains further causing me to put my hand to neck.

"Ah. Sacred Jewel Shards can be very useful, can't they?" I ask.

"I want you to assist me, Bankotsu. If you do, then this renewed life of yours will be everlasting." Naraku answers as I stared at him for a moment.

"Assist you?" I question causing Naraku to nod.

"I want you and you're 6 comrades to be bodyguards of what I hold most valuable and destroy my enemies that try to take it from me." Naraku's voice ringed out through my head as I sat up from the rubble that I was burried slightly under and scoff. "At the time I never would have guessed that his most valuable possession was a woman." I think, but then glare down at the ground.

"But, I'm not doing this because of his orders." I mutter as I turn to see Inuyasha also rise up from the rubble causing me to gasp.

"So, you survived. That's good 'cause now I can kill you!" I proclaim as I rush towards Inuyasha.

"One of us is gonna die today, but it isn't gonna be me!" Inuyasha shouts as he rushes towards me as well.

(To Songo)

(3rd Person)

"It's collapsing!" Songo cries out as both her and Miroku were running through the cave that was caving in.

"It seems the barrier around the Sacred Mountain has been totally dissolved, an evil aura is pouring out." Miroku points out as he glances over at Songo.

"Is it Naraku's aura?" Songo asks causing Miroku to nod.

"Yes and it's much stronger than before. Wait, it's a Demonic Aura... And it's getting stronger." Miroku answers as they were reaching an opening.

(To (Y/N) )

( (Y/N)'s POV)

"Hey, wait! Is this the shaft we were in before?!" Songo's voice rings out causing me to quickly look over and see them both on the other side of the Cloisters, but fine row below Kagura and I. "I would have thought Songo and Miroku were out already!" I think as anxiety began to bubble up as I see both of them look over the railing.