𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐝 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞 [chloe and jon]

part 2 to the last chapter!!

Chloe yawned loudly — and drunkenly — as Jon, who was much soberer than her, drove her to her apartment. Obviously, with her being the famous personality she was, her apartment was the best of the best.

Chloe couldn't wait to sink into the plush sheets of her bed, especially since she had puked her guts out at the party. Apparently, without Marinette to censor her, Chloe couldn't control her alcohol intake.

But maybe that wasn't such a bad thing.

"You know," Chloe somewhat slurred to Jon. "I really, really, really like you."

Jon looked at her sideways and raised his eyebrows curiously. "I really like you too."

Chloe giggled loudly, head lolling to the side. "Not like a friend, idiot. Like actually like-like you."

The car jerked abruptly, but Jon said nothing. If Chloe was sober, she would have stopped herself immediately after the first words slipped out, but drunk Chloe had no filter.

"Do you wanna know what I like about you?" Chloe phrased it like a question, but really, it was a statement.

Jon remained silent, continuing to drive, which Chloe took as a yes.

She started off with the most obvious. "You're pretty. Like, really pretty, in the way that I kinda feel like I can't breathe. I love it and I hate it at the same time because it means other girls like you too. I don't like that."

If Chloe looked closer, she would have seen the slight blush growing on Jon's cheeks, and yet, he was silent.

Chloe continued, ignoring his silence, and in hindsight, making the situation worse. "But that's not the only thing, obviously. I love how you can make me laugh, even when I'm about to cry."

Sniffling a little at that, Chloe rubbed her eyes 'surreptitiously' so that Jon didn't get suspicious.

Jon looked at her for the first time since she had started her 'speech.'

"Are you alright?" he asked, concernedly, already getting ready to stop the car.

Chloe tried to hold back the tears — she really did — but it just wasn't working, no matter how much she tried.

Immediately, Jon pulled the car over and gathered her in his arms as she sobbed.

Jon attempted to soothe her by running his hands over her hair, as he had done countless times before, despite Chloe's warnings not to, but nothing seemed to be working.

"Shh," he whispered, his heart already breaking on looking at Chloe's tear-stained eyes, and mascara-run cheeks. "Tell me what I can do to help you. Please, Chloe."

Chloe shook her head despondently, unable to stop the tears from slipping out.

"You can't do anything," she choked out. "You'll just make it worse."

That one sentence was enough to make Jon's passage of time pause...and shatter. Those were five words he never thought he would hear Chloe say to him. What had he done?

Chloe noticed his expression and rushed to make things right. "No — that's not what I meant—"

But Jon was already standing up, getting ready to leave because if he would just make things worse, wouldn't it be better if he just left? Before he ruined things even more?

"Jon, wait—" Chloe said, standing up, eyes wide. "I didn't mean that I swear."

Jon looked at her, hurt pasted all across his face. "Then why would you say something like that?"

Chloe was angry now — how could he get mad at her for something she couldn't even control?

Angry-drunk Chloe had even fewer regards for filters as she yelled out, "Because I love you!"

There was complete silence after that — not a sound was made except for Chloe's heavy breathing, and Jon's almost imperceptible breathing.

"What?" he gaped at Chloe like a fish. "You— what?"

"I said I love you," Chloe mumbled now, her secret out in the open. "And I hate that I love you because I know you'll never feel the same."

"What are you talking about?"

Chloe jumped; Jon had super-speed to her, his face inches away from hers.

"What do you mean?" she asked, using her usual arrogance as her shield.

Jon was closer than he had ever been before now. Just a tiny step forward and they would be kissing...

"I mean," Jon said, his breath fanning across Chloe's lips. "I love you too."

In less than a second, the two of them were kissing fiercely on the side of the road, barely pulling away for air.

It was only sometime later that those three words were uttered again.

When they sat in the car again, they realised how much time had passed.

Chloe couldn't help but giggle as she saw the 18 missed calls from Marinette. How the tables had turned.