Chapter 9

Her pov

Penelope

I told him about my mother, but I couldn't mention Xavier, I just couldn't break his heart like that. He is the complete opposite of me. Full of life. Facing his  responsibilities and duties head on.

I enjoyed my time with him. I liked his little insinuations. I am definitely attracted to him. And I think so is he. He didn't breathe for a minute or so, after I wrapped my arms around his chest while riding the scooter.

The garden excursion and the story, definitely broke some of my boundaries  like a cards tower tumbling to the ground in a fraction of a second. His responses stunned me, surprised me and let the fact permeate deep in me that he is ready for a matebond.

Ofcourse he is, he has been waiting for me, his fated mate for over 6 years.

On the other hand, I am a Rapunzel safely tucked in a tower so high madeup of my own past inhibitions.

So I told him, I need time.

He might forget about me when he returns to his pack. He might not pursue me. Out of sight, out of mind. That's what happens right?

That's what I want. I want to put a few thousand miles between us.

After the icecream date, he drops me back to my doorstep like a gentleman.

I bid him a good night and enter my living room, closing the door behind me.

My father is waiting for me on the couch, we wolves have excellent hearing, so obviously he could hear Mica outside the door.

"Hey dad", I say trying to sound normal. "P can you tell me what you were doing with Micajah Stone, an Alpha? He is a goddamn alpha, a son of my dear friend. I have known his father for all my ruling years. He is a good boy, don't mess with him. I know he is unmated, but that poor boy is waiting for his fated mate." He questions.

"Dad", I begin. "He found his mate. His wait is over." I stay rooted to my place, as I see my father come to the realization.

"Oh my God P. You are his mate. This is unbelievable. I am so happy for you baby. Your mother would have been so happy. Come here. Why do you look so glum P?" He asks.

"I am scared dad, what if he is like Xavier, what if even this time I am wrong. What if he breaks me. I can't seem to open up to him. I don't have it in me. I'm so so sorry." I manage to say while my father embraces me.

"Oh P, my sweet child. I know Micajah, I can vouch for him. Your wolf won't make the same mistake again. If the bond you feel is correct, then he is your true mate. Give him a chance atleast. Your mother would have wanted you to have a real matebond." He says.

I continue sniffing, whilst being hugged by my old man. His trust in Micajah, almost a go ahead for my heart and my wolf, to feel and discover this fated matebond.

"Alright, enough of hiding and being guilty P, you have every right of being a normal she-wolf and explore this wonderful matebond. Have faith in the moongoddess my dear. Your mother and the moongoddess maybe want you to come out of your cocoon.
Love you my child. Ask Micajah to meet me, will you." He tells me.

I nod yes and retire to my room.

I wipe my tears and change into my pyjamas.

I go to close the curtains of my window so the sunlight in the morning won't disturb my precious sleep.

I see a black wolf near a tree, his gaze set in my direction. The Golden eyes shining in the night light. It dawns on me that it must be Micajah. It is him.

I go to the window and wave my hand. Why is he there outside. He could have come in through the door. I think.

He sees me and runs to the cottage he is staying in. I go after him. I don't care if I am appropriately dressed or not.

I jog to his cottage in my pjyama shorts, not even bothering to wear any shoes. The distressed look that his wolf gave away, has put my wolf on edge. She is rattling my cage, clearly worried.

I open the door to his cottage to find him sitting on the bed in his boxer shorts.

"Hey what happened, did you want to say something. You seemed stressed and worried." I say.

"P, you were crying, weren't you. I felt that. My wolf wanted to soothe you. So I just stayed near your bedroom. Didn't want to impose myself on you." He says.

" I had no idea that you could feel or even sense this. I'm sorry for getting you worried." I tell him.

"Hey hey, don't be sorry. Stop being so formal with me Penelope. Atleast we can be friends. Don't treat me like a neighbouring Alpha." He says.

He stands and touches my shoulder before saying "okay deal?"

I notice his naked chest, the abs, his waist line, his perfectly sculpted collar bone as he closes the gap between us and steps in front of me. The beauty in front of me is a solid solid man. He smirks as I openly stare at his museum worthy body.

"Okay deal" I say.

"Perfect, so let me now tell you that I have to return to my pack tomorrow morning for something that is required of me. I want to see you for breakfast tomorrow before I leave P. If you are up for it, ofcourse." He says.

"Okay, meet me at the house tomorrow then, also because my dad wants to meet you." I tell him.

"Okay, Alright. I will see you tomorrow beautiful. Let me drop you to the house, you are barefoot. Did you miss me so much P that you forgot to wear shoes, huh?" He asks.

I stutter, "my wolf was in a hurry". I say

"It's fine I will manage. The road is well concreted". I tell him

"No no please, allow me". He says

Before I get a chance to reply he picks me up bridal style and starts walking towards my house.

"Stay still mate, hold on." He says

1080+ words

Love,
A