Chapter 39

Her Pov

Penelope Davis

I wake up to an empty bed but not an empty feeling. His mark on my neck reminding me and giving me company.
Last night was like ten steps and definitely a adrenaline filled emotional roller coaster.

Orgasms are tricky. They are fleeting. We chase our high and put work into it. We work for it. The feeling of chasing it, is uncomparable. According to me either be masturbation or partner sex, the idea of fun and orgasm are different. The fun is the process and the entire journey whereas the orgasm is the sweet fruit of hardwork but definitely not a destination. It is a vacation sought after every hardworking round. With such great morning thoughts I drag my ass out of bed.

I take a quick shower and carefully examine his mark on my neck. It's beautiful, like a love stamp. I decide to wear a turtle neck top to hide my new jewelery from every eye possible. I put on light makeup, tie my hair in a ponytail and head out of the room.

I find Micajah's mother and sister in the living room with a sleeping baby. They are sitting with a cup of coffee in their hands. I wish them a good morning and go to the kitchen to fix myself a cup.

His sister Lauren is dressed casually and so is his mother. On the contrary I look ready for a winter hike on the mountains.

I join them with a hot cup of black coffee. Yes I am sleep deprived, all the last night fun activity kept us awake.

"Lauren,How are the Alpha's kids?"
I initiate the conversation. "They are still under observation. The boy is not doing so well. Chris is at the other office today. He had to leave late last night. So me and the baby are chilling here." She replies.

"Okay. I hope Micajah and Mr Stone's efforts turn fruitful. Lauren, can I hold the baby?". I ask her.
"Yesterday only Micajah got to hold this angel in his arms." I explain.

She carefully places this sweet godson of Micajah in my lap. " "He is so beautiful Lauren". I say. "This is your aunty my baby". Lauren says. My heart warms instantly.

"My brother and sister in law have had a miscarriage. So I am not an aunt yet. But today I am." I say smilingly while gazing at this little bundle of joy.

"Thank you, Lauren. I appreciate this." I say.

"I will join you girls in a little bit, I have to get the brunch started," Mrs Stone says and walks towards the kitchen. Me and Lauren talk about Micajah and Chris. Typical girl talk. I enjoy it. I relish in the normality of our friendship.

She takes the baby to his crib and I take this quiet time to mindlink my father and have a word with him.

The things are good back home. Just at that moment I receive a call from my aunt who I worked with and for, back in the city.

"Hello my favorite aunt, how are you doing? I missed you so much." I say.

"I'm doing good P, stressed at the moment. Me and the business misses you. Actually can I ask a favor from you?" My aunt continues.
"The client actually needs this urgently, the team and I are not able to get it done, so can you join us for a brief call?" She asks me.

"Ofcourse, no problem. Let me grab a laptop and I will call you right away. I am terribly sorry aunty, I have left the clients high and dry. I should take a decision about all of this considering the situation I am in". I tell her.

I go to our guest room and quickly change into a button down formal shirt and grab Micajah's laptop. I need good network connection and a place for a meeting. These clients are very important for my aunts business.