Chapter 38

His Pov

Micajah Stone

I let Lauren drag me outside to meet my nephew and Chris. My brother in law is seated on the couch with my father playing with his grandson. Lauren approaches them and picks my nephew up and cradles him in her arms. I watch my nephew coo silently. My eyes are fixated on him. He has the same hair like me and Lauren. But his features are like Chris. He is a handsome baby boy.

"What did you name him, Lauren?" I ask her. "Lucas Micajah Anderson." She says.
"Would his godfather like to hold him?" She asks me.

"Yes, yes please." I say desperately. She hands him to me slowly. I sit on the couch and she places a wierd looking pillow on my lap and lowers the baby carefully from her arms. I hold my nephew, my godson, all the while gawking at his face and his tiny fingers. If this isn't pure bliss, then I don't know what is.

"Chris you are a lucky man." I tell my brother in law. I support my nephew's head properly as instructed by my sister. He is wearing a nice pyjama type outfit. He yawns slightly and I look at Lauren to guide me ahead.

She holds the warm bottle and feeds him the milk which he drinks quietly. "He is so quiet for a baby. He is so precious Lauren. I don't want to leave your house and him." I tell her.  I kiss baby Lucas's forehead.

After sometime, Lucas, my Godson slowly closes his tiny eyes and falls asleep. I hold him as he sleeps. All this while I am definitely devoid of any tension, any stress. Babies have this effect on you. You forget everything else.

Chris carefully takes his son and places him in the crib and places the baby monitor in it's place. Me and Chris stare at Lucas's  sleeping form fondly.

"Congratulations man and thank you for making me his Godfather, thank you for trusting me with your child. I will do my best." I tell him. We both hug each other without making any further noise and come outside the room to have dinner.

" I wanted to come for the birth but alas." I tell Chris. "It's great to have you here Micajah, we missed you, but Alpha duties are Alpha duties. Me and Lauren both understand." Chris says.

"Well, it's not just Alpha duties, Penelope was visiting the pack just around that time. I just couldn't work around that." I tell him. Then we both head towards the dinner table.

My mother cooked her special Chicken soup which I love the most. I keep the PDA to the minimum while having a family dinner. My wolf is at peace after P's words today.

The  conversations flow seamlessly and so does the wine. I only stare at P momentarily knowing we have eyes on us today. She gels well with the family. I can tell she helped my mom in the kitchen and that she already has my mother's acceptance.

I do the dishes after dinner and retire to my room to check on a few things of  the pack.

I sit at the small coffee table with my laptop and keep working  until my lovely mate strides in and captures all my attention and my mind.

She sits on my lap and says the most wonderful thing in this wide world. She declares her love for me. She finally admits her mind. It took her a while to come to me and say this. My patience was proven worthy.

I kiss her, I hold her in my arms. "Today has been such a rollercoaster." I say. She giggles as I kiss her for the 4th time.

"Penelope Davis I love you, adore you and treasure you. I want you with me forever." I tell her.

She keeps her forehead on mine and smiles a yes.

I lock her legs around my waist and carry her to our bed. I lay her down and caress her hair. "Thank you Penelope. This means the world to me." I say.