Chapter 18

Her pov

Penelope Davis

The climax of my life wanes and the reality kicks back in. I see him walk towards me and I almost see Xavier. My subconscious playing a game with me.

I flinch and cower back to the wall.
He notices this, ofcourse he does, he hands me the towel and leaves closing the door behind him.

I am alone in his bathroom, with a black towel around my very tingly body, the sparks still going through me.

I heave silently and direct the water current to remove the aftereffects of my orga*m.

Why did I flinch. Why did I imagine or even think about Xavier. I sigh.

These thoughts hound my mind as I dry myself off and get dressed in some t-shirts of Micajah which I find in the closet. They are too big on me but definitely very cozy.

I hope he doesn't mind me raiding his closet and wearing his clothes.

'He won't. Our mate will like it. Then we smell like him and we have his scent on us to cool us down from the next wave of heat.' My wolf mindlinks.

I make my mind up, dry my hair and give myself a pep talk to face Micajah.

I descend those steps leading to the living room and get my mobile phone which is on the couch. I don't know when I left it there. I send a text to my father, that I am safe at Micajah' pack and will be staying here tomorrow as well.

I can scent that Micajah is in his office. I just keep my mobile phone in the pocket of Micajah's large sweatpants and enter his office space. Why do men's outfits have so long and broad pockets. I think as my phone sways with every step that I take.

I see him sprawled on the couch with a glass in his hands, his hair in a mess and he looks deep in thought.

I sit on the sofa next to him and ask him what he is having. He doesn't even glance at me dressed in his clothes.

His gaze is on the carpet in front of us.

I find a glass and pour myself a drink. I don't normally drink whisky. I'm a vodka and gin kinda gal.

I have a sip of this bitter poison and sure does it burn my throat. The feeling is good. No wonder why men like this.

I pour myself and him another round. This makes him look at me.

His eyes look tired or defeated. I can't tell for sure.

"Hey Micajah, would you chill. Can you tell me what you are thinking. Why do you look so out of will. It's my fault I left the door unlocked and then flinched weirdly when you were about to say something. It's fine that you saw me naked, we are weres afterall." I complete my monologue.

He stares at me. I think me saying this quizzed him. He maybe expected me to be mad or angry at him. Well I'm not. I'm embarrassed, ofcourse I am. But that orga*m was one of the best. Us seeing each other naked is inevitable. As the heat progresses, both of us won't be able to keep our paws off each other.
I'm a practical gal, so have I become in these past years.

"You got a call today P. It was some guy asking for documents. It sounded too close for comfort. Do you have someone back in your city. Are you here to reject me? Was that the Xavier person you mentioned today afternoon. I never want to impose myself on you. Never physically. Hell we haven't even kissed. So you see". He says.

"No, no that could not have been Xavier. I don't think it was Xavier, Micajah." I assure him.

Micajah, I don't think I'm ready to talk to you about Xavier. But understand this, he was the bitter past that broke my heart and the part of me which you deserved." I tell him.

"Can we drop all this, this day has been a rollercoaster. I want a normal ass day with my mate especially when I am in heat. That thing is already draining me.
Upstairs I just couldn't control it, it was overpowering me. I am prey to it just as you are, Micajah". I say to him.

His gaze is on the glass in his hand again.

"I will control myself around you P. My natural instincts drive me towards you, but I will definitely try to get myself under restraint." He says.

"Let's just be casual and normal towards each other. Not be so uptight." I say.

The heat giving me this new bold avatar.

"I like how you think about me Mica, how you so genuinely care without any answers from me."
I lean in as I say this.

His breath hitches.

Whisky and a shewolf in heat is not a good combination. But oh well.

I can almost feel all his breaths. I lean in more. Almost on the verge of my sofa.

I press my lips on those heavenly slightly pink lips. It was a peck. I look into his eyes as I move away. His wolf is present to witness our first kiss. So mine does make an appearance.

His eyes are on me, never leaving as he leans in and his hands roughly grab the back of my neck and pull me closer to him. The fireworks start as we explore each other's mouth.

My hands go to his neck and I lock them around his neck. The kiss is as deep as the Niagara Falls, our emotions pouring into the kiss.

I pull away first and catch my breath, only to inhale more of his delicious scent. The kiss made me giddy, like a teenager.

He has a light stubble but not too much, the minty taste his mouth has, is my new favorite flavour. The heat is definitely cutting many of our boundaries and forcing us to feel, to feel many things I am avoiding.

I nervously wet my lips and sit down on my seat. The whisky laced with his minty breath making me want more of his lips on mine.

We just gaze at each other, no words leave our mouth. If I am this putty after one kiss, God help me when the next heat wave burns through my body.

1085+ words

Love,
A