Chapter 17

His pov

Micajah Stone

We had a lovely early dinner, she looked just ravishing. My entire attention was on her. Maybe that's why I realized her scent change.

Her heat bout has started. I notice her getting uncomfortable. The restlessness kicking in. I won't touch her unless she wants me too. She excuses herself out of my kitchen.

She still  sees me as a stranger.

I think she went to my bedroom upstairs. I get on with cleaning the eating area. Her scent is not so strong in this room.

I want to follow her but also give her space. Clearly my overthinking nature  ain't doing me good.

'Moongoddess what should I do'. I say out loud as I scent her in heat.
It is drawing me towards her. I atleast want to be in the same room as her.

I try to ascend the stairs leading to my room. This is my house. Why am I hesitating so much to enter my f*cking room.

Instead I go to the downstairs bathroom and freshen up, clean my teeth and floss them. I make sure to use a mouthwash as I used a bit of garlic and ginger in the pasta.

Boy do I hope she inhales my minty fresh mouthwash today.
Good that I have kept my pack members away from this den of pheromones.

My line of thoughts break as a loud ring comes from the living room. It's P's mobile phone. She must have left it here while she was getting jealous over Aimee.

I ignore it. Then it rings again. I go to check the caller ID. Maybe it's her father calling her to know if she is safe or not.

It looks like an office number. I being the control freak and overthinker. I answer it. It's a man's voice, "hey P darling I need those documents by the weekend, alright, you know daddy's gotta eat". I cut the call and throw the damn phone on the couch.

Who the fuck is this guy.
Why is he calling her at this hour.

It's still evening. Logic kicks back.

I now have rejuvenated energy and a purpose to climb the stairs and ask my mate, whether this is that Xavier person, who she mentioned to me earlier.

I reach my room to find it empty.

Small moans and the noise of running water are the only things I hear.

My ears perk. My mate is reliving herself from heat, she is taking the matter in her own hands, literally.
I try the door, my wolf wanting to seek his  mate and relieve her from the pain of heat himself.

It is unlocked.

Oh no. God, have mercy.

Now, I can't stop myself from entering. I do knock, some kind of gentleman code making me do it.

She is busy it seems. No reply.

So I enter. I shouldn't have, the non heat  affected part of my brain shouts at me.

The beauty in front of me can't be put to words. I mentally curse myself for not having that kind of self control. To let her be, stay the fuck away from her.

So I now gain that last shred of self control and keep my eyes on her face.

The bond calling me towards her. I take a step towards her and she flinches and cowers to the wall. This breaks my stance and I give her the towel and leave.

I madly descend those stairs and enter my office space.

I am upset. What will she think of me now.

Even the heat pheromones didn't affect me once before she flinched like that.

But her continuing to please herself whilst looking at me, will forever remain etched in my heart and my soul.

The naughtiness in her eyes, her wolf present in those eyes was all so erotic. She wanted it and she liked my eyes on her. Me being present in that space spurred her on.

I wait for her to come down to the office, if she is going to. There is a 100% possibility she won't. I beat myself up, literally by packing a few too many punches on the wall.

I think she is just as embarrassed as I am. I don't think she will stay here. I think she might leave me and go back to her pack.

I open a bottle of whisky from my secret stash. I have a drink and sit on the couch, rather spread on it like a broken, drunk man waiting to apologize and repent his actions. I feel like I have lost the only chance I had with her. She already is a closed book, now I have sealed her shut with my behavior.

It's been over 8 hours since her heat has started and I have already dug myself a grave.

We have to be strong Micajah.

835+ words

Love,
A

I wanted to update and not leave you guys hanging. Have a great day❤️