Chapter 10

His pov

Micajah Stone

I drop her at her house and park that scooter in the garage. After bidding her goodbye, I leave for my cottage where I have been staying for the past two days.

The day was eventful. I never thought she would end up confessing to me. Her crying and her sobbing is what I don't want to relive again. I wanted to tuck her in my arms and let my scent comfort her.

I have seen Sam, my beta do this. He engulfs Natalie in his bear arms and let's her cry out her sorrows. Sometimes letting emotions out is good and healing in it's own way.

My mood is solemn, my wolf is antsy. He is trying to contact his mate as if he senses something odd. I let him take the lead. I change into my black wolf, he is majestic and way much bulkier than regular wolves, larger than other weres as well.

In forest like areas the nightfall is quick, one second it is bright, the next it is pitch black. Good for me.

I don't want to seem like I am stalking my mate. I want her to take her own time. She will otherwise shut herself down or worse leave me.

I arrive at her house in less than a minute and my wolf hears her sniffing. He can almost taste her tears. I also scent her father there. Oh well, she told Alpha Matthew about us being mates.

Maybe Alpha Matthew doesn't approve of me or what is the reason that has her crying. I don't think she would cry over me. She is a tough little birdie. Difficult to fly next to or even parallel to.

My wolf is still restless as she enters her bedroom, so I hide behind a tree. She sees me as this small tree fails to conceal my large fur.

The eye contact between her and my wolf is an exchange of concern, worry, longing transcending just lack of each others company.

I take the reign back from my wolf and proceed to my cottage. This was embarrassing and daring enough.

I have thousand thoughts going through my head. What will I say when she asks me, why was I near her bedroom window at night, like a bloody pervert.

I quickly change back and wear my boxer shorts, not bothering to wear pants.

Few minutes later my mate comes almost running in her  pyjama shorts, which are too short for comfort. She is barefoot, making her legs look even longer and sexy to me.

My wolf is grinning, happy that his mate is here showing that she cares about me.

My smirk could even be seen by my Beta Sam who is at my pack, as my mate openly stares at my shoulders and abs.

Gym 1
Laziness 0

I love that she is appreciating my body. It is not easy to maintain it. Trust me.

After our conversation, I hold her close to my chest as we together walk to her house.

Her both hands on my chest, rubbing circles. This is the best feeling, my chest has ever experienced. She is dangling her legs in the air, making me glance at them now and then.

This feels good. I feel alive again. I feel wanted.

She is shy but gets bolder after a minute or so. That is what I have observed.

The walk is short, the noise of insects, the only sound around, along with my fast beating heart. I could hold her like this, whenever she wants. I wish we could have met earlier. I wish I would have been here with her, holding her as the destiny played its part, her hurtful past maybe would have been bearable  with me by her side.

I drop her on the porch and linger there.

"Thank you for coming P, my wolf wants you to know that." I say.

She smiles. Her smile is literally brightening this night.

"I had to but I also wanted to Mica." She says.

I nod. I don't find words to reply to this.

She smiles again before saying, "You know can you send me your gym trainers number Mica, I would love to train. He did good with you."

Hell no. I am never letting her near any gym trainer. Male or female.

I say," I train on my own. I don't have a trainer. I actually help my pack members in their training and fitness regime. So if you want, you can have my number."

Whilst smirking or blushing, I can't tell she goes towards her door, "See you tomorrow Mica, Don't be late. My dad hates people who arrive late for an event."

I wait till the bedroom light switches on and off again. This was a great first day.
I feel like watching those old Hollywood movies where the couple is courting each other.

I jog back to my cottage and directly lay down on my cozy bed.

I mindlink my parents asking how my little sister is doing. She just went into labour. So my parents decided to go to her pack, leaving nobody to lead in my pack. So now I  have to leave my newlyfound mate and go back home to work.

Even my Beta Sam is busy humping, so I am left with no option but to leave my mate and go back to my pack.

Huh, everybody is having kids or atleast on the way to have kids. Great. One more FOMO.

Hopefully one day me and P will have pups, who look just like her.
'Dreaming aren't I'. I ask my wolf. Who just drools at the thought of that.

'No, this is what we both want' my wolf mindlinks me.

Just then, my father mindlinks me, "She is doing fine, the doctor says it will be few hours though. The baby's heartbeat is also good. I will keep you posted, my son."

"Okay Dad, give my love to her and Calvin",my sisters mate. "Try to get some sleep okay. I miss you all." I mindlink back.

"You too son, it doesn't look like your mother is going to leave your sisters side anytime soon though. So it might be long before both of us are back at the pack Micajah." My father mindlinks me.

Ofcourse my mother would do this.

I cut the link off and try to get some sleep.

The next day
Morning 7am

I get back to the cottage after my run, I didn't forget to wear a shirt, unlike at home. I quickly take a shower and get the present I got for her father ready in a bag.

I wish I had brought more shirts here, meeting your mate's father over breakfast requires a good outfit, doesn't it?! I say as I scrutinize my outfit choice.

1150+ words

Love,
A