Chapter 32

His Pov

Micajah

We finish the paperwork just in time to bid my pack members a safe journey to Alpha Callum's pack. Me and Sam then decide to check on our borders. We change at Sam's house and head straight from the clearing we have into the forest.

My wolf is happy and content to wander, after being with his mate indoors for some time. He truly enjoys the wild. We divide the areas and speak with the guards.

"How are the girls doing?" I ask Sam, "Did you mindlink Natalie," I ask him.

'I wish I could mindlink P, so that I could check up on her.' My wolf whines.

"She has a wall up, I told you earlier right, she has been very moody and flappy. She argues with me over small things. It's infuriating really." Sam tells me.

"Flappy? What does that mean. We are animals Samuel not birds, so some moodiness is given." I try to dilute the situation at hand.

We head back to his house and I scent Penelope as we near the clearing. I mindlink Sam, the girls are back actually and that I scent P here, he beelines to the balcony where our clothes are, leaving us alone here.

I wait for P to make a move. This is the first time she is seeing my wolf. I give absolute control to my wolf and let him experience this surreal feeling.

She touches my neck and whispers my name, at that moment I almost forget to breathe.

I snuggle up to her chin and let my wolf breathe her in. It is almost late evening now, so the natural light is less, but my mate looks ethereal. Absolutely fucking beautiful.

"You look magnificent, Mica," she says. The brown suits you. She keeps her forehead against mine and closes her eyes. Our connection getting stronger by the minute.

We walk back to Sam and Natalie's house, she heads inside first while I change into my human form and dress up in a hurry. I follow her scent and I see Natalie crying in the kitchen. Sam is kneeling down in front of her and he looks sad as well. P is near the kitchen counter and gets Nat a glass of water.

My anxiety increases after seeing this unfold before my eyes and then I see P asking me to shush, so I do. She side hugs Natalie and tells her to see the doctor tomorrow. I badly want an answer when she utters doctor but I stay quiet as admonished by my mate.

Maybe it's a girl problem. I think.

So I pat Sam's back and leave them alone as I follow Penelope out of the house.

She reaches her car and sits at the wheel. I jog a little to catch her and sit at the passenger seat. She looks sad.

I hold her hand and ask her the reason. "What's wrong, What has happened to Natalie, Will she be okay?" I ask desperately.

"Physically yes, she is okay. You know they were trying for a pup right? She did a pregnancy test today, after I, I pointed out a few signs, symptoms, and two of tests came negative, so she is heartbroken." P says.

"I should have kept my mouth shut, not given her hope. You know what they say, Loose lips Sink Ships. I did just that today. You know, I was better off with humans. No emotions, just surviving day after day." She continues.

I gawk at her in shock.

"Hey Hey, Penelope. One of them came positive right? Plus they are so young, they can keep trying, you pointed the obvious I think. Even Sam mentioned to me about her mood changes. So let the doctor clarify the result, okay?" I tell her as I make her face me.

"Yes, okay." She says quietly as she avoids meeting my eyes.

"Never ever say, that you are better off somewhere else okay? You belong with me Penelope Davis, in my arms and in my life." I kiss her knuckles as I say this.

I get out of the car and open the door on her side and carry her bridal style to the passenger side and I sit behind the wheel instead.

"The morning after pill has some after effects, so, allow me to drive, ma'am." I tell her.

She smiles and rests her head on the window.

We reach our home in 2 minutes and I again carry her in my arms to the dining table. Today was exhausting indeed so my mate needs rest. I heat the food in the microwave and serve us both some rice. I get us both two glasses of wine from my most prized collection.

We chat about her day with Natalie and I tell her about the situation at Alpha Callum's pack and also mention my departure there in a day or so.

I miss my parents and especially my little sister and want to meet my new nephew who live at Alpha Callum's pack. My sister is mated to the Beta of Alpha Callum's pack.

Penelope insists on washing the dishes, so I excuse myself and head upstairs.

The heat is over, so our journey as a couple starts in the best sense now, no partner will be in pain and relentless at sex or due to the lack of it. I enjoyed it while it lasted. But I am excited for our future.

I won't ask Penelope to accompany me to Alpha Callum's pack. That would be a bad thing I feel. She might feel burdened, show some hesitation the pace that I am going. She would have to meet my parents and another Alpha in the capacity of a Luna, my mate. So this should be her decision.

I brush my teeth and wear my pyjama shorts, I forgo the shirt and take my tablet and sit on my side of the bed. My mind on the emails as I fail to notice P joining me on the bed.

She is wearing a pyjama set similar to what I saw her wear once, when she caught me watching her late at night like a creep. She keeps her mobile on the stand next to our bed and takes the comforter till her lips, keeping her nose out, to breathe ofcourse.

"Would you like to train with me tomorrow Penelope?" I ask her, she takes off the comforter from her lips and nods enthusiastically.

"I would love to, I just have to drop by at Natalie's once. I just have tomorrow before I leave for Alpha Callum's pack. So let's spend the day together." I tell her.

"Don't you have work, Mr Alpha?" She says naughtily.

"I do, you are my job right now, I have worked diligently for all these past years. Now I have you and I can't wait for the pack to see their new Luna." I tell her.

"Me too, Micajah, I don't want to hide, but we can wait a few weeks, till your parents get back." She clarifies.

"Okay, I won't make an official announcement till then. Until the situation at my sister's place is sorted, then we all can breathe in peace." I tell her. I keep my tablet away and kiss Penelope on her forehead.

I shut the light near me and adjust my pillow and the comforter, if there is any for me. She is the comforter snatcher.

The last thought on my mind as I close my eyes is us together on a date that I have planned for tomorrow. Our first official date as mates. I love the sound and thought of it.

The next morning

I wake up early as always and leave for the gym, she is sleeping peacefully. I don't dare wake her up. The training session that I have planned for her will be more than enough for her.

I make coffee for both of us and leave. I get back home after a good workout, which I kept short. I check in with Sam, but he doesn't reply. Odd.

I go to my bedroom and see P sleeping in the exact same position, laying on her stomach with the comforter wrapped around her. Cute.

So I go ahead and do my morning ritual and get dressed for the day. Meanwhile aunty Flory has already come in to cook for us. I wish her a good morning and ask her to cook us some protein rich food. P will need it after the training.

I stay in the living room and work on my tablet, alas after some time I miss my mate and go upstairs to wake her up. I see Penelope in a tight Yoga or a workout outfit, I am not sure, the ones women wear on a Hot Yoga video and commercials.
We might end up doing some other type of workout now. The outfit is tight and fitting at all the right places. Last night I had sworn to be a gentleman and keep my kinky thoughts on a budget but today I plan to change that a 180° degree for sure.

1540+ words

Love,
A