Chapter 37

Her Pov

Penelope Davis

We reach Alpha Callum's pack far too quickly and my nerves set in. What if his parents and sister don't like me. What if they disapprove of me and they don't want me to be their next Luna. My nap and the snacks I stuff my face with, don't help me one bit.

I may have met Micajah's father,
Mr Stone before in my father's pack when he was visiting but today the situation is different. He still looks the same though, he has not aged since like 7 years ago.

We follow his dad into a house.
Mr Stone trails behind and offers to carry my bag, to which I thank him for asking. "It's not heavy Alpha." I reply.

"So how long have you known my son?" He asks. " A few weeks actually sir." I reply. I try to stay polite and answer to the point as Micajah still hasn't told his parents about us being mates.

He meets his mother and after a quick hug, he brings me to his side and introduces our relationship. The look of utter happiness on both his parents face is indescribable. His mother even declares she is now free and ready to die since her son has found his mate. His parents were really waiting for a long time.

Later in the conversation his mother mentions something about Luna ceremony and vows. I freeze like a statue after the mention of this.

Vows and a ceremony. Wow. Aren't things going way too fast here. If Micajah had his way with me. I would definitely be pregnant with his pup, his packs Luna and his wife legally. All within a week.

'Our mate is very considerate of us P. He is curbing his wishes for you.' My wolf speaks.

'So am I. I was living a solitary life with no expectations for a family life. I can't jump into level 20 altogether.' I admonish her.

I stay silent as I follow Micajah to our room and excuse myself for a much needed bathroom break.

'Chin up P. We are here and we love him so much. The pace of our relationship is entirely in our hands. He has never said a word out of line, so stop acting aloof.' My wolf orders.
She speaks to me in a firm manner.
In the way I will understand, in the manner I need right now.

I finally get out of the bathroom and have a glass of water. Micajah clarifies his mothers comment and back hugs me. The proximity much needed for my mind to calm down. His scent helps us both, me and my wolf.

I tell him that I am happy with him and excited to be here. He excuses himself to freshen up and I change into comfortable yet presentable clothes. I fix my hair which are very messy after the car ride. I have another glass of water and give myself a pep talk before facing his mother and his sister.

"Interview time Penelope Davis. Stay your best self." I say to myself.

I find his mother in the kitchen preparing  a soup I think. "Hello Mrs Stone, I would like to help. What are you making?"I ask his mom.

"Oh Penelope dear, you don't have to, The drive must have been long and  exhausting and please call me Mother or mamma, just like my other 3 kids. I might be a grandma now, but I am totally a millennial by heart. I am making my special chicken soup for Micajah. He loves it and some rice is cooking in the rice cooker. Simple and tasty." She replies.

"Thank you, I appreciate this. And I must add it smells amazing here. I can roast some vegetables to go with the rice, if you want." I ask her.

"Ofcourse dear, vegetables are actually prescribed by the doctor for Lauren. You are very thoughtful. Thank you." She replies.

Speaking of the devil.

I see a brunette beauty dash into the kitchen with a towel on her shoulder and a baby cloth wrap on her chest and stomach. She looks just like her mother. Same hair and height. She looks tired and the bags under her eyes perfectly show the late nights with her newborn.