Chapter 12

Her pov

Penelope Davis

The breakfast meet and greet went so well. My father behaved like an Alpha, inviting and being a healthy host.
No snarky comments, no rude jokes, just a happy and welcoming smile. That's what I like.

I want to see Micajah off, I want to but I am no ordinary shewolf. I definitely do things differently. I take the phone book from the living room and head to my room.

Our conversation on the phone was borderline flirty. I couldn't stop grinning. He sounded irritated when he picked up the phone, but so playful and almost hopeful when I said that I would visit him.

However I try, I can't seem to stay away from him.

My wolf wants him around. Eating food, no devouring the food I cook, having breakfast together, training together and so much more.

It's only been two days that I found out about him, still most my thoughts are about him.

My father, brother and Em leave for the pack office, leaving me alone in this giant ass house.

I decide to visit the neighbouring pack to meet my friend Erica. She is mated to the Delta of that pack. They have two pups. Two super cute girls.

I take the long route to her pack on my scooter. I met her last Christmas. The younger daughter was still pretty young then.

I sneak up on her, while she is feeding her older daughter. Her daughter launches towards me and attacks me.
"P" she shouts. I play with her, let her ride horse on my back, until her nap time.

Me and Erica then get some quiet time to chat about our lives. She coughs up all the gossip about her lovelive and parenthood. Then the conversation slowly turns to me.

Erica asks, "How have you been? Any hot boys in the city?"

I laugh, "you are mated hoe, and even I have found my mate now." I quietly put it out there.

The expression on her face is of a person who has just seen a ghost.

"Is he truly the one, your mate for sure?" She inquires with worry clearly evident on her face.

"Yes he is. My wolf is right this time and I trust her. He is Micajah Stone, the Alpha." I tell her.

"Oh my God, an Alpha for an Alpha huh. The moongoddess is just perfect. He is one who was waiting for his mate. Oh gosh it is him. From what I have heard he is a good one P, kind, fair and fierce." She says her piece.

"Yeah that's what I have heard, from everyone. His tales of waiting and waiting for his fated mate. I am not going to belive him or in him just yet. Erica, I need time. I am going to be skeptical every step of the way. I am here to talk about you and me not the men in our lives." I tell her.

"Alright Alright, let's head over to the bar then, just like old times", saying this she ushers me outside.

We go to the nearby bar right after her babysitter steps inside the living room.

The bar is not full because it's a weekday. I order a Gin and tonic and she orders vodka for herself. We enjoy some fingerfood on the side.

The bartender coyly eyes me, his gaze going to my neck, definitely looking for a mark there.

"What would you like to have next beautiful? A neat shot or a neat guy like me?" He asks.

I almost choke on my last sip of the gin "does this line really work? Mr Ethan the bartender? Ethan is an unusual name for a bartender."

"Well it does, because the people around here know me, beautiful. You seem new here, a new mysterious beauty, that too unmated is a rarity in this side of the town." He says with a wink.

"I am here visiting my friend. So I will take the neat shot then. Thanks. Good talking to you kid. Stay young." I say before walking away with my drink.

Stay young? And I thought I was not even buzzed.

I find my friend at the bathroom stall, pumping breast milk.

"Oh you have your boobs out already, it's not even 7pm." I say.

She asks, "Do you want to head home, I am actually not comfortable doing this here."

"Sure let's go," I tell her and go ahead and drink the neat gin in one shot. I  grab her hand and we head home.

My mood takes a down turn  as the slight buzz I had going, falters.

I came here to meet Erica and have a fun night, get wasted and not think about anything else.

Just us two, laughing and having a great time. Things change so fast when us women get older. 

I want to remain the old me, I want to hold onto her for longer before I have to care about a mate or even kids.

I crash onto her couch for the night as no other room is vacant. I had to choose between sleeping with the kids or the couch.

Couch it is.

The day I had only increased my insecurities, more over feeded into them.

I sleep through the night, not even waking up as her kids bawled in the early hours of the morning.

Micajah is not in my thoughts, his name not present on my lips. It's like I never met him.

'Liar' my wolf barks at me,
I was about to pounce on Ethan the bartender when he was almost about to touch my hand. My wolf has accepted her male. No one else can touch me apparently, if it was left upto her.

968+ words,

Love,
A