Chapter 40

His Pov

Micajah Stone

This Cole person approaches my father and I with a wicked smirk on his face. "The throne is mine, gentlemen. I am it's rightful owner. If you openly issue threats like these, where you are guests, totally unguarded and probably have some loved people breathing on my territory. If I was in your place, I would  definitely think twice before uttering such bare nonsense. The time of hospitality is over. You can return to your packs and do what you are born for." Cole utters.

He leaves the room and two 7feet tall guards follow him out. I am completely quizzed. I came here to help a pack deep in medical problem and not play some game of who the rightful Alpha is.

I turn to leave and go to my mate. My father follows me outside. He says, "Let me speak with a few people I know, we will find this Cole's background and unravel his lies." 

"Okay, I am going home, I don't want to be stuck in a power struggle. This position is gifted to us by the goddess, the pack members won't follow otherwise." I tell my father.

I march off to my mate. She must be waiting for me.

I reach the guest room to find it empty. When has P done, what I thought she would and expected her to do. I mindlink Lauren as to where P might be. She tells me about the work call she received and I sit at the bed, frustrated, tired and feeling lonely. My wolf is fighting me today. He is so much anxious, which is rare for him.

'Penelope has accepted us and bares our mark, you can calm down, buddy.' I tell my wolf.

'No, something is bothering our mate, I can sense the change in her mood.' My wolf clarifies.

'We are in a newplace with strange people like Cole, who are taking advantage of a delicate situation, heck even I am worried about my sister's future here.' I internalize this thought to my wolf.

I do a few push-ups and other exercises to calm myself down and keep me from overthinking the current situation. Just then I hear P, calling me out alone in the woods. I quickly gallop there and find her in a quizzed state. I can't seem to put a finger on it. She looks scared yet determined.

I tell her to meet me in a discreet place and I gallop in my mates direction. She looks in a dilemma and somewhat terrified as if she has seen a ghost. I can't sense her full range of emotions yet due to the lack of her mark on me.

I  immediately hug her, console her, let her know that I am here to fight her battles with her. Sometimes we just need reassurance. I kiss my mark on her neck repeatedly and keep her in my arms.

She physically shoves me away from her and reasons that I can't have her scent on me. The urgency in her tone is baffling me.

My eyebrows arch in question and my wolf shows in my eyes, the protective side of me blazing in anger.

"Who are we running from Penelope? Who are you so afraid of?" I ask her.

She breaks down with tears and says angrily, "I can't see another loved one of mine being harmed by this creature, even slightly affected by his breath. We all need to leave, now, Micajah, we shouldn't even go to your pack, stay in the city if we have to. He is dangerous and a cunning wolf. He has found me again and I will fight till my last breath to save all my loved ones." Her wolf is present in her eyes.

She has quickly turned from a scared P to an angry Penelope. I like this one better.

"He is Xavier right? This Cole person who is here to take over the pack as Alpha Callum is unwell and so are his heirs. The one who?" I can't finish that sentence. I ask her.