Chapter 41

Her Pov

Penelope Davis

He has a plan, he has something going on in his head, something I don't know about. Maybe he does know how Xavier/Cole thinks. We are not on the same page. Definitely on the same team but not on the same decision about the action plan as to this war or battle.

His constant mindliking with his Beta Samuel has given me time to analyze his facial emotions and his expressions.

He is on high alert, I can sense his wolf ready to pounce and ready to shred his enemies to pieces.

The phone call Micajah had with my dad was brief and so I mindlink with my brother notifying him the same. Other people must know of our unified front and the impending danger.

"Micajah, please let me in on what you are planning. You are not entering the lions den without me having a clue about it. I swear I will hunt your ass down if you do anything reckless.
I will be fine Mica, don't you protect me and make yourself the target. I know him, he will find out about whatever our plan is. He will." I warn him.

"P, I am not fooling you or keeping you out of loop. I want his attention on you, I want to know how much he knows about me and you. He is definitely devious. So he will play his cards to keep us apart." Micajah assures me.

"But I want you out of harms way.
I want you out of this pack, but not out of this pack. This, his own pack, is the last place he will look for you." Micajah tells me.

His explanation doesn't calm my nerves and my instincts are hardly wrong.

So I mindlink my brother, Jake who is the Alpha of my fathers pack now. "Brother, I think Mica is going to endanger himself in our drama. I want some of our member wolves here, those that I have been training personally." I tell him.

"Ask Mila to come here with all the information she has on Xavier. His real name is Cole Howard." I tell my brother.

Micajah is still busy mindlinking his Beta and that squad member he wants here.

"Okay P, so we separate from here on." Mica tells me.

"Okay, but promise me, hell swear that you will not die. You will not die on my account. This is my fight. This is my revenge. Not yours only. You will not die for this silly bad boy, who is just a  power hungry leech. You are born for better things, you are born to undertake better projects and rule. Your heart and your values should not perish this early. Please stay safe. I can't have another death on my hands and on my conscience. Please Micajah, I love you, so I am being selfish.
In death, it will always be me before you." I tell him.

I tear up and look at his eyes who are mirroring my emotions.

"I love you Penelope, you are my eternity. Please follow Mark and let him guide you to a safe house. The less you know the better. I will be safe. I promise to live to have kids with you. To see you become the Luna of our pack. I will be selfish in death. Now go, he is waiting, you can mindlink him. Go." Micajah tells me.

"Hell I wish, If I hadn't taken that pill, the other morning."  I say this aloud after him opening about having kids with me. Him wanting to have babies with me just hits home on a day like this.

"Really?" He exclaims with surprise.

"I can go another round right now baby." He says and snuggles my neck. "My wolf is howling right now baby. He just wants to finish this Cole to coal and wants to return to what we left of yesterday night. To have your mark on every square inch of my body." Micajah says.

"Boss, Luna", a voice echoes in my mind.

Just like that Micajah kisses me one last time and vanishes in thin air.