Chapter 42

I am posting a quick summary before this chapter, as the updates have been spaced out recently.
The readers who are reading in continuation can skip this summary and scroll down to the chapter just below. Thank you all for your patience. I am truly grateful to each and every one of you.

The last chaper was in Penelope's POV and this new chapter is in Micajah's POV. So the plot will be continued in both the Point of views and may overlap somewhere in the future. Happy Reading!

Last chapter in Micajah's POV:
Micajah meets a scared yet eager P in the woods and finds out that Cole the new Alpha of Alpha Callum's pack is Xavier, the one who tricked his mate few years ago. Micajah calls on his emergency squad leader to protect his mate. Micajah plans to let P go with Mark, his squad leader and stay back himself to fight the devil head on.

A very emotional Penelope vows to stay with Micajah for her entire wolf life and wishes to have his children too. They part their ways as per the plan, since Micajah doesn't bear Penelope's mark yet and so their scents haven't blended completely.

His Pov (the current update)

Micajah Stone

My wolf is dying to have her mark on my body, so to complete our matebond and enjoy the bliss of yet another heat wave. I want to let myself loose in that wavelength of lust with our bodies entangled in a hot mess.

Keeping such thoughts at bay, I quickly mindlink Mark, my emergency squad leader, his services have only been used twice before and boy has he comethrough both the times. I thereby assign him the most difficult and important task of his life, that is to protect his Luna, indirectly to protect his Alpha. He is fully aware of the fact that without Penelope, I am no good even as a lying log.

P even wishing to reverse the decision about the morning after pill brings me and my wolf the ultimate satisfaction and the underlines the confidence I have in our mate and our bond.
My wolf exclaims, 'she is our one true love. We are incomplete without her. She has now accepted us wholeheartedly indeed.
She wants a family with us. She has definitely come a long way, truly.
From refraining to even address me as mate to wanting to puff up with my seed, the looming danger does really bring the honesty out in people.' My wolf finishes his monologue. I agree with his thoughts and silently grimace.

Samuel has already communicated with my family and they have packed their bags in a jiffy and are right now ready outside our bungalow to leave. It took me a lot of time to bid my Penelope,goodbye. A small farewell, a small inconsistency, a small gap between our physical existences together.

With this, I have the renewed energy to fight this battle for my mate. I quickly wear my shirt and shorts as I reach the bungalow lobby. The cars accompanied by my Beta Samuel are perched at the entrance.

I check with Sam, "How is Natalie doing?" I ask.
"She is fine, boss, at her parents house. They are looking after her right now." He tells me.
" Okay good, she is with family. What is the status of the plane?" I reply.

"On time, boss" He replies.
"Great then let's get going. Not much time has passed, Sam, we still have that element of surprise." I tell Samuel.

"Hello", I approach my mother.
She holds my cheeks and brings my attention to her.
"You keep your love and yourself alive. Mica, our pack needs you. Slay this demon and keep him from destroying any other Alpha family, let him know what we are made of. Take care of my daughters, son." She asks of me.

"Yes, mom, stay safe and let father guide you all. I love you."
I kiss her cheek and hug her.

I do the same with my sister and take baby Lucas, my godson in my arms.
"Hey, sweet boy", I hold him above my head and proclaim,