8

Paris.

The city of love.

And also the center of

Gabriel found out how his sister was like fish in the water when she met with her friends to shop to her heart's content, while he and Luca waited at the small cafe near them. They were having a light lunch consisting of a plate of escargot and a Quiche Lorraine for him, while Luca was having a huge serving of steak frites and devoured the meat in a flash to Gabriel's amusement.

"I'm amazed by how much you ate, Luca." He sipped his wine. The weather was great and they chose to sit outside in the sun.

"I'm so fucking hungry, and I'm preparing myself for tonight, you know." He winked at Gabriel with such a dirty look on his face that Gabriel quirked his brow in question.

"What's tonight? I thought we're just going to have dinner with Bianca's friends?"

"True. But you know Christina. She's going to make the most out of it, since it's also doubled as a birthday party. You're invited by the way." Luca continued to eat and ordered an extra serving for the steak. "I can't believe how small their portion is. I need at least three plates of this."

"A birthday party? Whose?"

"Mm, the Moreau twins." Luca was already told by Christina to answer Gabriel's questions with this specific answer, and he was not about to fail her. But sometimes Gabriel was really sharp, just like now when he laser focused his attention to him. Luca gulped once, and started to drink his wine quicker.

"Hmm."

Moreau twins. The children of Damien Moreau, the uber rich hotelier. Nothing much was known about him and his family since they protected their privacy, and no photos of them like the other rich people. He knew that both of the twins were successful in their respective jobs though. Nightclubs, restaurants and art galleries. Hmm, maybe he should approach them for a collaboration.

Gabriel wondered if his sister was close to them since she rarely mentioned them. But knowing Christina… she knew all the dirt and secrets about everyone who's anyone. It wouldn't be strange if she knew the Moreau twins since they were all in the same circle of friends.

He was about to ask Luca the details about the birthday party since he wanted to buy them presents, when he caught the sight of a familiar dark hair from across the street.

He didn't know why his heart suddenly beat faster. Well, he hoped that it belonged to the femme fatale he met last night, but what were the odds that she should appear here, in Paris, at the same location as him, twice in barely twenty four hours?

So he just shrugged it off and continued to eat his quiche–which now tasted like sand in his mouth.

Jade took a look around her new yacht while lounging on the daybed, sipping mimosa with Akito beside her. There were people–the party planner's people–all around the yacht, decorating and preparing for the festivities tonight, courtesy of Christina.

She planned the whole birthday party–and the guests–and she would not even let Jade lift a finger except to ask for more mimosa and food. Christina even prepared two masseurs for the twins and they enjoyed the way the masseurs dug into the deep knots under their tired muscles.

"This is the best birthday weekend ever." Akito mumbled into his sheets and groaned from the pleasure.

"Mm, I couldn't agree more." Jade sighed in satisfaction. She was bone tired and never knew that she needed this kind of weekend off–thanks to the Queen of Hedonism, Princess Christina. If she didn't force her to come to Paris, she would probably be working now at the office, while mourning the death of her sex life. "The only thing left now is a perfect man to serve me in bed for this whole long ass weekend and I'll be perfectly happy for the rest of the year."

"Be careful of what you wished for, sister." Akito smirked covertly.

If only she knew what he had planned for her.

The night had fallen and the guests had already started to arrive from the two helipads on top of the luxury yacht. They were all young and famous chaebols, princes and princesses from other countries, supermodels, actors and actresses, and they were all eager to be there. Who didn't want to be seen at the Moreau twins' birthday party? Besides, the rebellious Princess Christina von Hesse and the famous tattoo artist Cassandra Dubois would be there too, not to mention the other otherworldly beauties and the superb entertainment.

The food and drinks were exquisite–made by Chef Hiroshi Sato from Moreau Hotel Japan–the twins' favorite. They were a mix of French-Japanese fusion and a more traditional canapes for those who didn't like raw fish and more exotic food, although to Akito's opinion, those who didn't like Japanese food were missing something in their life.

He was lounging on one of the daybeds, with a beauty in each of his arms. They were feeding him canapes and grapes, while they all watched the fan dance on the raised platform in front of the mini waterfall that separated the bar and the daybeds. There were five girls–all petite and delicate and beautiful beyond belief– and they all wore beautiful colorful kimonos.

And then the middle girl, the tallest one–and the only one who wore a mask–raised above them and started to perform the complicated dance with her beautiful, hand-painted fan while the other girls left. Her performance was one that could rival a professional dancer–even with her heavy kimono–and it was the only performance that caught Gabriel's eyes.

He was standing a bit far from the center of the crowds, drinking the excellent champagne and nibbling on the delicious canapes. Luca and Bianca had left him alone after they told him to give the gift to the event manager who nodded knowingly and brought the box somewhere else–not piling it on the gift's table. Gabriel wondered what was that all about when suddenly Christina appeared and kissed his cheeks.

"Gabe, what a treat." She spoke with her usual teasing tone. "Have you met everyone? Cassandra? The birthday twins?" She traced her finger on Gabriel's arm lightly, trying to flirt with him.

"Christina. No I haven't. Apparently they are the star of this party so I doubt that they have time for me." He chuckled lightly as he moved away from her touch. He didn't feel comfortable with the way Christina always tried to touch him more intimately than he would like to.

"I know that you are bored here, Gabe, with all the crowds and all. Why don't you go to the second floor where everything should be… quieter. Who knows if you would find some… inspiration there." She winked meaningfully and Gabriel–who was a master at double entendre–could read between the lines. So this was what his siblings meant by having the last hurrah before the omiai?

"With you?" Well, he had to make sure, and for a second, he thought he saw a flash of something in Christina's eyes.

"Unfortunately, no. But rest assured that I have prepared a surprise for you there."

"Thanks for your… kind concern, Christina." He chuckled and thanked the Princess. He knew that whoever she picked to be his partner would be someone exceptional and discreet. Probably one of the dancers. They should be professionals from the way they move so seductively.

He didn't want to get involved with anyone, especially someone with a high profile as Christina. Besides, he knew that his brother was lusting over her, and he was not going to step on anyone's toes–especially his brother's–and also, Christina was not his type. At all. He was just afraid that she would chew Luca and spit him out like she did to other men, but then again, Luca's reputation wasn't exactly that pristine either.

"I hope you have fun, Gabriel." She gestured at the bartender and he nodded then gave her a bottle of champagne–a Moët. "Here's a little gift for you." She grinned and then patted his hand. "Don't worry about your sister and brother. I will make sure that they are… entertained."