49

The meeting with the lawyer was a success, with both of their lawyers there. Turned out, Hanzo and Daisuke had already prepared for everything–with their bosses being one of the most powerful and richest people in the world–and they arranged for the lawyers–two person from each side–to meet and draft the partnership agreement.

It turned out to be simpler than they all thought, with most of the terms revolving around their love life rather than the business partnership itself.

The terms they made for the business partnership were clear, precise, and to the point, while the other terms… Well, let's just say that their unflappable lawyers were red in their ears when they heard them. There were many questions in their minds, but none of them dared to ask Gabriel–nor Jade–about their sudden engagement. As far as they knew, they didn't even know each other just a week ago and suddenly they formed a business and love partnership all at once?

But seeing how Gabriel couldn't let his hand off Jade's various body parts, and how their body language were so intimate–added that both Gabriel and Jade were never working with other people–they could deduce that the wedding bell should be ringing in a year or less.

After that, Gabriel and Jade celebrated their newly formed partnership and engagement with rounds of lovemaking which lasted until the break of dawn, ending with her falling asleep inside his embrace, and the content feelings from both of them–that they finally found their home in each other.

Jade woke up in a strange bed in a strange room and it took her a couple of minutes to realize that she was on Beau–no, Gabriel's bed.

She realized that it was not a dream, that the man she admired so much had become her fiance overnight, and they clicked so much in almost every aspect of their life.

True, she still needed to find out more about Gabriel's past, what made him tick, what caused him to become angry, what made him happy, but she believed they would find out about each other with time. She just dreaded the time when he would find out about her illustrious past, where she joined the orgies and slept with many people, just because she couldn't get past her broken heart.

She knew it was weak, the way she behaved. But in her defense, she was still a child of eighteen back then.

Anyway, it's no use to feel this way any longer, and besides, she didn't regret anything because it all led her to Gabriel.

She stretched her naked body and yawned before she took her phone and checked her calendar–and instead found a thick beige paper on top of her phone.

She smiled at the handwritten note–the paper almost identical with the one she wrote him with two days ago. Was it just two days ago when she left him? It felt like years ago.

She read the beautiful penmanship–one as beautiful as the man himself–and smiled.

Morning sleeping beauty,

I'm sorry I have to leave early for work, and I don't want to wake you up, especially since I know you're tired from our exercise last night.

Meet you for lunch?

You may use anything in the basement garage as you wish, just ask Freyja for the key.

I love you, future Mrs. Kudou.

Yours,
Beau

Well, that was very different from the note she left him, and she felt slightly guilty over it. But she swore that she would make it up to him in any way that she could, especially since she had made up her mind to love Gabriel fully, with all her heart, body and soul.