17

"Why Jade? Not Belle?" She was curious now. "You know, Beau, Belle…" she shrugged nonchalantly, but she really wanted to know the reason why he chose that particular name–which coincidentally happened to be her real name.

"Well, as much as I like your confidence, you know that you are a very beautiful woman and Belle would not even cover it." He touched her face softly. "Jade suits you better. Because your eyes are so vividly green–the color of a pure jade." He pulled her into his embrace. "I thought about Emerald, but I think you look like a Jade."

"Because I'm half Asian?" She smirked. Her mixed heritage was what made her beautiful–and so was he–and she was proud of it. Unlike some of her more conservative relatives from her mother's side. They hated gaijins and their offspring, and that included her and her brother. But since their father was richer than God, they couldn't be too vocal or they would face her father's wrath, and it ain't gonna be pretty. Her dad might have looked like a foolish man in love, but in reality he's more ruthless and vicious than your average billionaire daddy. Of course, to get to his position right now, it must've been not easy–and surely must've been bloody. Figuratively, and literally.

"No, because for me, Jade is more precious than any emerald." He tucked her silky long dark hair behind her ear and looked into her eyes. "Jade has depth to its color. It could change with how you handle them. And the more precious they are–and more often they're being… handled, the deeper their color is. Just like your eyes, so vividly green." He looked into her eyes, and she thought, straight into her soul. "Although I also like the golden halo that surrounds your pupil. They made them like you have golden sun in your eyes. You are a very beautiful woman, Jade."

Jade suddenly couldn't breathe from his words.

True, they were just a simple compliment, but the way he said those words made her heart did some wild somersaults–not unlike the ones she felt back when she was so young and naive and stupid.

And deeply in love.

She quickly shrugged off that stupid thought and tried to lighten up her mood that was suddenly became heavy.

"You. Are. A. Sweet. Talker." She forced out a giggle and poked his wide and hard chest with every emphasized word. "And smooth. Very smooth." She took a piece of fruit and fed it to him–who ate it straight from her fingers and licked them, just like she did before. Her breath hitched, but she caught herself back quickly.

There were only two moods when she was around this man.

Horny–and hornier.

But this was good. This was better. Seduction would be better than that unwanted familiar feeling. Hell, anything was better than that. But he was not helping her cause at all.

"I'm not a sweet talker actually, I only tell you the truth." He kissed her fingers softly. "In fact, I have a collection of rare and precious Jade, if someday, somehow, you want to see them."

"Are you inviting me to see your semi-precious stone collection?" She smiled at him. Good. This was good. Keep talking about other things–even about those boring semi precious stones that her dad loved so much.

She inadvertently wondered though, if he met her dad, they would be able to talk the whole day about those stones.

But then she slapped herself mentally.

There's no way she's going to introduce an escort to her family–however good he was–especially when there's a bit of a problem at her Japanese family's home.

And not when her own feelings were a mess that she needed to sort out before this long weekend was over.

God, how stupid she was to suddenly fell for this… stranger? Just because he fucked her good? Well, the best sex she ever had if she had to tell the truth. But still…

She was unconsciously tracing Gabriel's skin with her long fingers while she was deep in her thoughts, and she stopped on one of the scars near his heart. It looked like someone had stabbed him with a very sharp knife, and she wondered what happened. She looked up just to find out that he already observed her closely with his golden eyes. She quirked her brow in question, and he smiled woefully.

"Let's just say… competition's tough these days."

It was right after his grandfather told everyone that he would be the next clan's head, that someone had sent an assassin to kill him–in the form of a distressed female whom Gabriel helped and suddenly stuck a knife in him. Thankfully he was agile enough to avoid the knife from stabbing his vital part, and had Hanzo cleaned up the rest. Ever since then he never got close to anyone else and he also never spent any more extra time with anyone he slept with.

Until now.

He looked into the depth of her green eyes, and tried to find if she was hiding something, but he only could see that she was in awe–even her pink lips opened slightly from the surprise.

Meanwhile, Jade was thinking if becoming an escort was a tough job that they had to resort to stab their competitions like that. How vicious. Without much thought, she instinctively kissed the scar softly like when her mother kissed her booboo to go away when she was younger.

Gabriel observed her with amusement in his eyes. He had never been intimate enough–or even long enough with anyone to start to talk about his scars, but somehow, this… sort of intimacy, didn't bother him at all.

"I still have many more scars if you want to kiss them all." He grinned and pulled her even closer if it's even possible. There wasn't any space left between their bodies, and he noticed that they slotted together perfectly. Just like two pieces of the same puzzle.

"Mm, you may show me all later, and I will kiss them all better. But right now I'm starving." She was starting to get funny feelings in the pit of her stomach from the way he looked at her, so she wriggled loose from his embrace and took a bite of still-warm omelet. There were also a couple of pieces of crispy bacon–which she devoured right away under the watchful eyes of Gabriel.

"Hmm, I thought all girls don't like to eat greasy stuff." He took a piece of bacon and ate it while still observing her.

"Not me. I always have a great metabolism. I can eat everything and never gain a single ounce." She took a huge bite of the omelet. "Oh Jesus, this is good." The melty cheese oozed out along with the mushroom, peppers and diced ham inside a perfectly cooked egg. "I decided then. You shall cook for me, and I shall wash the dishes." She grinned and decided to let him cook, or they would be eating cold cut sandwiches for five days.

"That sounds like a good idea." He chuckled. "But you do know that cooking would take longer than washing dishes, so I demand an extra help from you."

"Oh? And what kind of help do you have in mind?" She grinned widely. She was practically useless in the kitchen, and she would probably hinder him more than help him in any way.

But then he took her hand and pulled her closer, while giving her a kiss.

"Just stay by my side when I'm cooking." He kissed her temple gently. "I just want to be close to you at all times."