54

The moment Adrianna opened her eyes, she knew that she was fucked, because the first person she saw was Hanzo–the man she feared the most–and he was playing with his curved dagger, cleaning his fingernails.

"So, you have awakened." He spoke with his usual polite and cold manner that gave her a chill in her bones and shiver all over her body. She couldn't even speak because she felt weak, like she was being drugged or something.

"Never mind, I don't expect you to answer anyway." Hanzo put his curved dagger back at its sheath and wore his leather half gloves. There was no one else in the room that they were in and it only added to her fear.

She's going to die here.

Alone.

All because of that slutty bitch and Kyosuke.

She regretted that she didn't treat her nonna better, and she was going to lose her only granddaughter–just as she lost her son and daughter–by the hands of someone they had trusted.

"So, my master told me to lock you up here until you are ready to apologize to Ms. Moreau–who happens to be his fiance." Hanzo observed her with his calculated glance and he was pleased to see that she was shocked by his revelation. "It's good that you were lashing out that day, because soon after my master got rid of you, he proposed right away to Ms. Moreau." Hanzo shrugged as he stood up from the chair he was sitting at while waiting for Adrianna to wake up.

It was to his utmost pleasure to see her surprise when he hand delivered the engagement news to her. Maybe it was twisted, but he loved to see this little entitled bitch to suffer after all that she had done to Gabriel and nonna, and Ms. Moreau.

"What? Gabriel's proposing to that bitch?" She was still not a hundred percent, but she could hear him perfectly.

"The Billionaire Bitch, mind you." Hanzo chuckled as he turned around to leave. "I'll be posting guards outside, and you're not allowed to go out until you're ready to apologize. I suggest you think long and hard of how to do it for my master to let you into his good grace again. Although I doubt that he would, after what you did to his fiance." He purposely used the word fiance sparingly to rile Adrianna up.

"Did you know that Gabriel has a daughter?"

Even in her state right now, the words she said were coated in poison, and Hanzo stilled for a second because it was really unexpected.

"What do you mean that my master has a daughter? He would never be that careless to have a child out of wedlock especially in his situation." He tried to be calm and not choke out an explanation out of this crazy woman like he wanted to. Bad.

Adrianna scoffed.

"So, the mighty Hanzo didn't know anything about it. I thought that you were some kind of deity with the way you know everything, turns out, you're just a human." She suddenly laughed hysterically. "I'm not talking anymore. You tell Gabriel to speak to me if he wanted to know about his daughter. I was planning to tell the bitch about this and watched her expression as she found out that her fiance already has a kid and dumped her away. Too bad she's stronger than she looks." Adrianna cackled away.

Hanzo was appalled by this new information when he locked the door behind him as he left the room which was especially customized by him to hold prisoners. He then waved two of the people near him and told them to stay guard, and not to let anyone enter or out until he came back, before he went down to the basement and entered it.

The whole mansion belonged to Gabriel, and he customized the whole middle floor to be a discreet prison while the upper floor was used for his upper echelons and the lower floor for the bodyguards. The basement however, was specially designed to… extract confessions. He had many of those mansions all around the world, and Hanzo was the one who designed them.

Right now he was looking at the woman that was tied on the chair and looked at him with so much hatred in her eyes.

The woman whom he once called his student–and his lover.

Akiko Ito.

"Aki."

He spoke with such a calmness that betrayed the turmoil inside.

He hated Kyosuke for taking her away from him. He hated her for betraying him. But most of all, he hated himself for allowing all of those things to happen.

Aki didn't reply to his word, instead, she spat on the ground near Hanzo's shoes.

"Well, since it has become like this, I know this was all Kyosuke's idea. I bet the so-called daughter is also Kyosuke's. Am I right?"

Aki still didn't say a word but Hanzo saw a flash of fear in her eyes, and that's when he knew that she cared for the little girl.

He didn't say anything more when he left Aki alone in the basement, and took out his phone to call someone to investigate this mysterious daughter.

When he heard that Aki and Adrianna were taken by Hanzo, Kyosuke knew right away that he had a countdown on his head. He knew that Gabriel would surely take his revenge by now, judging by how quiet he had been. But it depended on whether their grandfather would approve of Gabriel's action–which in his opinion, was only a formality. Nobuhiro always took Gabriel's side.

His father could probably do nothing anyway, since his mother called him and told him to go to her family to seek help from them.

Kyosuke's mother came from one of the branches of the five families, and they were quite a famous and powerful clan outside the five families. They were looking down on the Kudous–especially his father–before Gabriel came and turned everything around. Which was the cause of his father's relentless ambition and deep resentment.

But the Inoues–Kyosuke's mother clan–knew when to take their moves. As soon as Gabriel took the Kudous to the same level as the five families, they ignited a fire within Eiichiro Kudou to let Kyosuke become the head instead of Gabriel, and even lent him their people, paid some of the more conservative Kudou's elders, and sneaked their spies inside Gabriel's guards.

As of right now, Kyosuke was driving a car to the direction of the Inoues' main house, first to escape from Gabriel's wrath, and the second, to discuss how they should help him kill Gabriel to forcefully take over the Kudou clan.

It took him around an hour to reach the main house, and when he got there, there was no one outside. There should be at least half a dozen people outside at all times as far as he could remember. Added to this situation with Gabriel, he had a really bad feeling.

Surely Gabriel would not dare to do anything to one of the five families–even though it was just a branch family?

But his heartbeat was getting faster and he had a very bad premonition in his head, and as he entered the main gate and still couldn't find anyone at all, he became very agitated and drove faster to the main house which took him a few minutes with his neck breaking speed.

As soon as he reached the house, he still couldn't find a single sign of life, and he jumped out of his car without even turning it off. He ran to the huge wooden door and saw that it was slightly opened, and without much thinking, he pushed the door open.