30

The first thing Gabriel did when he landed on his Japan penthouse was to find out where Christina was and the easiest way to do it was by contacting his brother, Luca. His brother seemed to have gotten quite a heavy crush on the princess and Gabriel wondered if she would devour his brother alive and then spit him out just like her reputation as a man eater. She might be a princess and all, but she and that Moreau twin were notorious man eaters that even he–who didn't follow gossip–knew. Or more like Bianca who caught him up to speed with their wild adventures–which Gabriel listened with half an ear. He didn't really care about other's sex life, or orgies, or whatever. It's their right to do whatever they like and he's not going to be the one to judge them.

Everyone had their own reason, just like him.

Of course his sister did not partake in any of the orgies they rumoredly had every other month in Christina's mansion, and he heard that the screening process was very strict and tighter than any other tests to enter some highly secret government institution. He just wondered if his little brother had ever been to one of those orgies, since he seemed to be pretty secretive if it had something to do with Christina.

Luckily, Luca replied rather quickly and said that Christina was at her place, preparing for the party tonight and that he's welcomed to join her.

When Gabriel entered the mansion where Christina lived, the head of her bodyguards stopped him and asked him politely to surrender any firearms or sharp objects that he might have carried.

When Hanzo started to take a step forward to take down the bodyguard–which he could have done easily enough although the man was bigger than him–the sound of Christina's voice stopped them.

"Rafi, let them in. They're friends."

Without waiting for his reply, Gabriel signaled Hanzo to wait outside and followed Christina into a smaller office where there's no one around.

"Gabriel, what a pleasant surprise. Please sit, I was about to eat lunch. Join me, please." She signaled her butler–who had been standing behind them silently–and nodded.

"And also bring me that sake Akito gave me." She added when she saw how on edge Gabriel was. So different from the Gabriel she saw at the boat five days ago.

The butler nodded respectfully and left without saying a word.

"So, Gabriel darling, what is it that ailing you?" She chuckled at her own joke, but Gabriel wasn't smiling at all. "Bet your ass that you lost something precious, huh? For example, an exceptionally pretty babe, about yay high, perky tits, with green eyes like a cat?" She was just guessing from the state that the both of them were in, but it seemed that she hit the jackpot.

"Where is she?" Gabriel's voice was cold, but Christina was unaffected.

"You mean… you lost the gift I was so painstakingly arranged and gift wrapped neatly for you?" She tsk tsk-ed him like he was some kind of a naughty kid. "And you called yourself a… clan leader?"

If anyone else dared speak like that to him, Hanzo would not hesitate to dispose of them at once. But since he needed her, and it was indeed his fault that she left, he needed to be patient.

Extra patient.

Especially when he knew Christina was the only one who knew who and where she was.

"I tried to find her, but without a name, it's impossible." Gabriel clenched his teeth in frustration. He didn't understand why she ran away when he asked her to stay with him and be his.

But he remembered when he asked her to stay, her face looked so forlorn, he couldn't help thinking if he did something wrong by asking her.

Then Christina laughed.