47

"What are you guys talking about?" Gabriel suddenly appeared and hugged Jade from behind her. She was surprised but she thought that she could get used to this.

The feeling of domesticity.

If domestic life included a super smart, self-learning A.I, a gorgeous house on top of the mountain and an even more gorgeous man who loved her as much as she loved him. Maybe more.

"Nothing. Girls' talk. Right, Freyja? Oh, and you can call me Jade rather than Mistress. I feel like some kind of masochist queen when you call me that."

"...right. Jade."

Jade couldn't help but chuckle at Freyja's hesitation.

"But you are my little masochist queen." Gabriel nuzzled her neck and turned her over to kiss her. "Let's eat before we continue what we were doing."

"Mm, I could definitely get used to this." She kissed him back then pushed him away to start to eat. She was famished and could devour the whole cow to satisfy her hunger, but this osso bucco and tiramisu would do. For now.

"Master, the fucking lawyers are here." Freyja suddenly informed them that there were people waiting for them at the front gate, and the way she called them caused Jade to quirk her brow at Gabriel-who chuckled.

"Yeah, I told her that they are called the fucking lawyer, so sue me. Oh wait, they can't because I'm the one who paid for their retainer." He looked smug when he was speaking about the army of cutthroat lawyers-one of the best in the world-who was very loyal to him, as long as he paid their retainers. "Freyja, tell Hanzo to let them wait in the front office. I will be there as soon as I finish here." But he didn't look like he was in a hurry, instead, he pulled Jade into his lap and started to feed her-just like he used to do back at the yacht.

"You are definitely trying to spoil me." She sighed in contentment and leaned back at his broad chest-inhaling his scent.

"I do." He kissed her temple. "I want to make you the happiest person in the whole world."

"I already am." She hugged him back and kissed his naked chest, and snuggled deeper into his embrace. "I love you, Gabriel Kudou. It may sound crazy, but I do, very much, and I never felt this way with anyone else but you." Not even with her first love.

This was different.

This was not a one-sided crush that held the other person on the pedestal, just like she did with the man who took her virginity. That's the cause of her disappointment, because she just had this... expectation of him, and yet, she didn't even know him.

Unlike this man.

She just felt like she knew him already, and that he was so familiar, and so... comfortable. They could talk about anything, voice their opinion, without afraid of being judged.

In short, they could be themselves without their usual masks. And it's a wonderful feeling-to be accepted as a whole, and to be loved for who you are, instead of who you're trying to be.

"Mm, then I will put a clause in the contract that you have to say that you love me at least twice a day. When we part, and when we meet."

"Oh Jesus, are you for real?" Jade laughed at his remark and smacked his arm playfully.

"You shall see if I mean it or not." He smirked and kissed her. He was so content that he finally found her and also knew the truth about her origin. Didn't really matter for him, but it would matter for anyone else, and also it would help cement his position and get rid of the pests-namely Kyosuke.

Kyosuke-that fucker.

He was the ultimate pain in his ass.

He looked and acted like a gentleman while he did depraved things behind everyone's back. Oh he knew well what he-and his father-did with those women. Hell, anyone with a brain would find out what he was up to, the way he left the trails of bodies behind them. He had someone follow them twenty four seven and documented every single thing they did behind his back-which they didn't know about.

When he read the report on father and son, his blood was boiling. He knew almost everything about them and he would keep the information in hand. He was sure it would come in handy soon enough, especially since Hanzo reported to him that Kyosuke had started to make his move by taking Adrianna from the airport and kept her in his perverted apartment-and he also had Irina with him in his other apartment.

Yes, he knew all about Irina. He wasn't that naive to sleep with some mediocre model slash hooker more than once if he didn't know that she was a bait from Kyosuke. Bet that man would throw a tantrum right now, especially since he found out that Gabriel was obviously so in love with his new fiance-the one he was hoping to have but couldn't.

Although he looked cold, Gabriel was actually a very fiery and passionate man-with the thick Italian blood running in his veins. Even Luca had nothing on him, he just hid his true nature-the hot blooded one-better. It's not in his nature to reveal all the cards he got in hand, especially in his line of work and among those fake and backstabber people. He was always wary of other people's intentions, up until he met Jade.

She was like a breath of fresh air in his life. Her honesty and sarcasm were surprising and refreshing, especially after he found out that she was one of the Moreau twins-and soon to be Mrs. Kudou.

The next thing he should do was inform his grandfather that he already found someone to marry, and that someone was the one he loved. He didn't care about her origin, but it also helped that she was from the powerful Moreau family. Her family would surely stand behind her if Kyosuke happened to plan something for her. At least he knew that she would be safe all the time.

And that bodyguard of hers? He was on the same level as Hanzo, whether it's their skill or their loyalty. He wouldn't have to worry about her being stressed out by the multiple attempts that Kyosuke would initiate soon, because she surely had experienced it all-being a Moreau.

In short, she was a perfect fit for a yakuza's head wife, and added the benefit that he was crazy for her.

They finished eating and Gabriel asked her to join him to meet the lawyer. Jade pointed at her state of undress and Gabriel led her to a big room where there were clothes, bags, shoes, makeup-and everything a woman could dream of-were already there.

"When did you have time to arrange all this?" Jade touched the silk dress that she was so fond of and looked at Gabriel with a suspicion in her eyes. "Or did you stash them here for your... conquests?" Now she was pouting when she imagined Gabriel took other women there too and treated them like this.

God, she was suddenly burning with jealousy, and felt angry because she felt so helpless about her own feelings. It was like she was losing control everytime she was near him and she just couldn't help it.

Thankfully Gabriel could hear the choked up tone in her voice and he hugged her from behind.

"I never brought anyone else beside my siblings here." He turned her around and cupped her face. "Only you. This is all for you, baby." He then kissed her forehead softly. "Remember, you are the only one for me, and if it takes the rest of my life to prove it, I will." He touched her face gently. "Come on now, go get dressed and let's meet the fucking lawyers to discuss the terms of our partnership."