34

Irina Petrovska looked at the scene that had unfolded before her with her jaw slacked from awe. Never in a million years did she think that the woman–Akira Moreau–was so skilled that she could hit the champagne bottle from a distance away. And not only her who dropped her jaw, but many others also did, and they were whispering around her with some kind of a mix between awe and envy.

Envy, because Gabriel Kudou paid fifty million dollars just to have dinner with her. That was such a hefty sum to be paid for a dinner, unless he was interested in making a more permanent connection with the Moreau family.

She doubted that Gabriel really liked the dark haired slut, since she heard about the orgies they had in this Den of Sins. Even though they were all crazy rich heiresses, Gabriel liked meek and obedient blonde women like her, so she didn't have to worry that he would fall in love with the slutty witch who liked to fuck several men–and women–at once.

At least that's what the rumors said.

She admitted that Akira Jade Moreau looked very good, on top of being very rich and very influential. In short, a perfect match for Gabriel.

But now, instead of loitering around like this, she needed to get away from here before anyone found out what she did. They didn't need her anyway.

Although she was the face of the second line of the brand, she was not that naive to not know that everything could happen in a blink of an eye, especially if it concerned the well-being of the powerful and mighty.

Besides, she saw Kyosuke's men inside too, and she bet that they should already report to the man that she had failed spectacularly. Oh how she dreaded what's waiting for her back home.

She got out of the side entrance–thinking that no one would pay attention to her–when suddenly a hand held her shoulder back, stopping her in her tracks. She turned around to see a tall, handsome Japanese man in a suit, and he looked rich. She didn't know him but she had seen him around. He must have followed her here to… scratch an itch? Maybe she wouldn't go home empty handed after all.

"Hey there handsome, are you looking for me?" She spoke in her flirtiest tone, knowing that men liked it.

"As a matter of fact, yes. Irina Petrovska, right?" The man smiled at her and she suddenly got goosebumps. He had the same aura as Gabriel's bodyguard and she didn't like it, so she tried to shrug his hand off her.

"Yes, may I know who I am speaking with?"

The man didn't answer her. Instead, he gestured to two men behind her and they immediately restrained her, making her almost scream in panic.

"Please, do not make any commotion, Ms. Irina. We only want to question you about the drug you poured into the champagne bottle and paid the waiter to give it to Mr. Kudou." The men half dragged her back into the house–or more precisely, the basement, where they would conduct a thorough investigation over her motive and who told her to do that.

Jade took Gabriel into the biggest private room on the second floor and when they entered, she locked the door before she faced him.

"Beau, I–" She tried to explain herself, but before she could do that, Gabriel cupped her face with his big hands–now sans the gloves–and he kissed her softly.

She melted in his arms right away, and clung to him like he was her lifeline. She wanted so much for him to be inside her right now, she ached when she was far away from him. And when he started to kiss her neck, tracing his finger alongside the low cleavage of her dress, her mind became blank and she was aroused just by his slightest touch.

"Why did you leave me?" His finger traced her waist, and into the slit of her dress. "I know that you want me as much as I want you." He moved dangerously close to her center and tortured her with the ghost of his touch, making her involuntarily moan. "I can smell your arousal from here." He touched her pearl thong, while he nibbled on her jaw. "Hmm? What a naughty girl. I should've known you like this kind of thing. Were you planning on seducing some jerk who would win a dinner with you tonight? Would you sleep with him? That's why you wore this… indecent thing?"

Without any more warning, he pulled the pearl thong upward in one jerked motion so it dug into her wet heat, making her come apart in his arms from the heavenly sensation. She was too far gone to be able to resist him anymore.

But then she remembered where they were.

"Not here." She forced herself to move away from him. "There are cameras everywhere in this house. Kei made sure that every angle is covered." She took out her phone and called Daisuke. "Prepare the chopper, I'll be out from the second level exit."

"Kei?" Gabriel quirked his brow in question.

"Akito. He's the owner of this house." She took his hand and led him to a hidden door on the corner that led upstairs.

"I thought Christina owns this house." He followed her willingly. Even if she took him to hell he would still follow.

"Nah, he just let Christina use this house–all expenses paid–as a payment to be his brand ambassador. You know, with all her fame and status as a Princess. Christina has an apartment downtown. She only used this house if there were parties or… other things." She didn't want to tell him about her dark past. Not yet.

They walked the short walk upstairs to find the helicopter was already waiting for them. She entered and he followed.

"And where are you taking me now?" He wore the headset before he talked to her. The helicopter was the latest generation of Eurocopter Airbus, which would set the owner back around eight million, before all the add-ons. He could see that this one was customized into a bulletproof one with its matte black color. He knew about this sleek beauty because he also owned one exactly like this.

"I'm taking you someplace safe." She nodded to the pilot and they took off–back to her place at the Onsen.

They didn't talk much for the duration of the short flight, instead they held each other's hands, and she rested her head on his wide shoulder, feeling very content

Funny how easily she would picture them like this all the time in her head.

Being together.

And in reality, it was so much better than in her head because she could touch him, smell him, look at him and kiss him.

It was scary, how much she was addicted to him in a very short time, that's why she needed to leave, to think about what she's going to do about her feelings. And strangely, the separation caused her to have physical pain–mostly in her heart–and she didn't know what to do about it.

And then she saw him, a vision in black. She recognized him right away even with all the mask and the ominous getup.

And it was like all the pain and the tightness in her heart went away the moment she laid her eyes on him.

She squeezed his hand and he took their entangled hands to kiss hers. It felt so natural for the both of them. The closeness, the intimacy, the feelings. And she hoped that this was not a temporary euphoria for both of them.